1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

bought an MR2 yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toyotaspeed90, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:
    i was gonna take nice pictures but the car is dirty so these will be fine for now.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Offline

xxlisted_miaxx Guest

Message Count:
    as another MR2 owner on this board. don't ever make that comparison ever again. ^__^;; it should be more like...the del Sol is the sad imitation of an MR car. especially with it's FF configuration.

i have seen a delSol made MR. why? i have no clue. money to burn i guess.

anywho, i see the previous owner(s) installed the turbo foglights on that n/a. ^___^;; you ever plan on swapping out the 5S-FE for another engine?

my 5S-FE is ok for now. but i have my swap in mind. the 3S-GE. i honestly can care less about the turbo. i like NA. it's fun in it's own way.

people have stuffed V6's in the mk2 as well. i believe they commonly use the 1MZ-FE from the solara, es 300, camry. (i think that's where the 1MZ-FE is from).

then there's Bill. who decided to stuff a northstarV8 in his mk1.
  3. Offline

xLuVaBoix Guest

Message Count:
    HOT ASS CAR PLUS ITS A T-TOP.. its like a del sol of toyota. i love that generation of MR2's my boy used to have one with full bomex kit and the snorkel air scoops & NOS dry kit. but he traded it for an Ls Vtec CRX.
  4. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  5. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    there's an mk1 that has a 32V northstar v8 in it (bill strong over on www.mr2oc.com)... he also has an mk1 with a 3sgte in it... and a few other mk1's....

in the "best motoring" videos, there's an mrs with a 2zz in it.....
  6. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    I suppose maybe...if you're in a hard turn you probably shouldn't be that hard on the gas, and you wouldn't go into lift (or if you were there, you'd stay there). Either way, you'd have similar problems with a V6 making 200 HP/TQ.
  7. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:

i was thinking the foglights might have been a dealer add on because it has the oem switch where it would normally be and the plastic on the switch looks the same age as the rest of the trim.

and i when i have money, im gonna swap if i cant find any turbo cars for sale that i really like.

and yeah, i wish i had bills skills to put a v8 in mine :D
  8. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    A V6's torque curve is smooth. A 2ZZ's horsepower spikes when it hits lift -- if you're coming out of a corner with a V6, give it as much gas as you need..it'll be predictable. With the 2zz, hit lift at the wrong time, and I'd imagine it would be like spraying n2o..not always a good thing coming out of a corner. The lift-band (or whatever) isn't all that wide..