1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Blown speaker?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by yeye, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    Blown speaker?

Umm yea so a few days ago I noticed 50 cent aint soundin too good, lol and when i switched the blance to the right the front right speaker rattles alot... Is it jus rattle or u think it could b blown? I work with A/V stuff so its annoyin cuz I can tell when a speaker sounds off... BTW if it were blown, would Toyota cover it? They pretty crappy neways so I might jus replace em I guess... BTW all my music has lots of bass so mayb thats why? :D...
  2. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    From the sound of it, you've either torn the cone material or the surround. As long as you still have the stock head unit and you're driving those speakers with it, I don't see why Toyota wouldn't fix it.
  3. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah if ur running off a factory headunit they should be able to replace tha blown speakers.....but for future reference dont put too much bass in tha front speakers unless u have aftermarket front speakers which can handle bass or fade most of ur sounds to tha rear speakers.
  4. Offline

corol_typ_S03 Guest

Message Count:
    if you replace the front speakers its gonna be a b--ch...cuz they or like rivited in, or at least on mine they are, dont know bout anyone elses...but the factory speakers are paper coned and they cant handle very much RMS and if you peak your fronts they will start to sound as if your distored the sound...its very easy to tear the cone since is paper...i know cuz i am in Post production and i have worked in the music industry for 2 years and have produced some records....but with the factory head unit it puts out a lot of bass for factory stuff, so i would fade it to the rear, but even then...the rears are the same way....paper cone...if you want to have a better sound. i recomend replaceing the rear(they are screwed in) and leave the factory speakers in the front and just install a tweeder over it facing upward, or wherever you like...and cross over the fronts...
    paper cones arent bad...but if your driving a lot of bass and mid range though it, it cant handle it very well. what i would do is only send the mids to the paper cones. they can handle some ok wattage for paper, which should be fine for mids...any questions let me know.