1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Music/Movie Blood Diamonds

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TurismoDreamin, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Blood Diamonds

Just got done watching it and that was one of the most well put together movies ive ever watched. They got every point across to the viewer that they wanted to get across. The action was non-stop. It was brilliantly put together from beginning to end and ended somewhat perfectly, nonetheless. The only thing about this movie is that the movie itself is incredibly long. I thought it was gonna cut off into a "To be continued..." thing once they got to the military camp n met the kernal, but hell no. On the contrary, that was actually the middle of the movie (you'll know what i mean). Running time is close to 2 hours, 20 minutes. But I assure all of you that it is very well worth your time. Next time I watch it, ill do it the righteous way, lol.
  2. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    it was a very good movie... I went and saw it about 2 weeks ago, and I loved it... the only problem that I had with the move wat that it took making a movie to bring out more facts about blood diamonds, but alot of times this is what it takes...
  3. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    god left this place a long time ago...
  4. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    Just saw it tonight.... very emotionally-riveting film, easily one of the best. Well worth the time.
  5. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    I dunno bout that cuz ive known about it since the facts were exposed to me at about middle school. I dont think its a secret to many other people either but I watched a special on the making of this particular movie. They were hoping that by making this film and going public with it, people would be less inclined to buy diamonds. If it even slightly worked to this effect, then they felt theyve accomplished what they wanted. But im sure that will work just as well as smoking ads work with already-smokers. Also, during the making of the movie, DiCaprio was threatened multiple times and when the guy that played Solomon was also threatened, DiCaprio stuck up for him. DiCaprio and him are now close friends and he invites Solomon to hang out with him at his mansion.

I liked their symbolic reference to the red soil....the dirt in Africa is red because it is soaked with their blood, and that they can never leave the country because Africa runs through their veins.