1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Bad Strut

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Ares, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    Bad Strut

So I ordered a strut from Rock Auto that was on "Wholsale Clearance" price. Before I ordered I sent an email to ask what the difference was between the "regular priced" and "wholesale clearance" price. Someone replied
    Today I received the strut that was on clearance price and it seems to have lost some of its "charge." I called and they said they will give the money back and I can keep the strut.

It still has resistance to it but takes a while for it to go all the way up. It is nowhere near the condition my rear struts were. Should I put it on?
  2. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    how long is awhile?
  3. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    ^ don't ask. It takes around 3x longer than the good strut for the bad strut to fully extend. I just bought a new one... I guess my build time will wait 4 more shipping days.
  4. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    the stock struts i still had on my car after 5 years wouldnt even decompress after i pushed them all the way down lol, im glad i just got all my suspension redone... know how you feel
  5. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    Ares, good move. You don't want to put on a bad strut and then regret it later when you have to replace it. A bad strut can also throw off your alignment (camber), and tires will wear uneven. Not to mention it will decrease braking power.
  6. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    Wrd. I cant wait til i get the new parts installed to test handling.