1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Auto Detailing What to Know?

Discussion in 'Care & Maintenance' started by |-Goku-|, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    Auto Detailing What to Know?

Alright Guys, I need to get my car detailed. Top to bottom, now that winter is over. But I don't know how to pick a good Auto Detailing place. I mean do I pick like an auto repair place that does detailing as well? Or Just one that specializes in detailing? Are there certain questions I should ask??

I want to make sure its done right, and I don't want my paint screwed up. I want the car to look like new when its done.

Thanks for the Help :)

|-Goku-|
  2. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    from what i hear its nearly impossible to perfectly match the paint... but ill let you know when i get my door painted hopefully this week.
  3. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    What do you mean perfectly match the paint?? I'm not trying to paint my car

I just need it detailed lol

Or I might be misunderstanding you
  4. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    be obsessive compulsive.
    /thread

#1 rule of auto detailing.

when you think its clean, clean it again.

EDIT: i have some car wax from a professional detailing place i can sell you if you want to do it your self. basically just wash the car...wax that bitch up. vacuum every crack in the car. get a compressed air can to blow shit out of the carpet. use your ice scraper to dig shit up after you blow it out, then blow it out again and vacuum.
  5. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    if you talking about full auto detailing i would go to someone that actually know how to do everything from buffing,wax and etc.try checking your local auto tint shops some of them do auto detailing too.
  6. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    If you want a good job, do it yourself. There's no one else that can be at your level of anal. LOL :D That sounded funny.
  7. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    in my experience, a shop charging you for auto detailing will have different packages of detailing. at our dealership, and the one down the street, they had 3 levels of clean. 1 was your basic wash/vac/wax/window/tire shine. that cost 50 bucks, the materials cost 10 at most. the second package was was/vac/wax/window/tire/wheel/and they will try to scrape crap up off your floor mats/they would even i think vacuum the seats. that will run you 100 dollars. the third and final package is everything mentioned above + carpet shampoo, wax and buff with an actual buffer machine not just with their hands. then after they wax they will fix small scratches and attempt to fix large dents, and they might even give you a reach around. for 200 dollars.

thats just where i worked but who knows other shops might have different but that seemed pretty standard for detailing.

but trust me...that 200 dollars will make your car look sexy as fuck. we had someone bring in a 1987 toyota trecel all trak with a faded paint job scratches ect. and when they were done you could see your reflection in the paint. it was pretty sweet. also goku check out where you bought the car because sometimes it will be included in your service package...or they might give you a special discount for like a year after you bought the car. they used to give new customers a free coupon for detailing up to 1 year after they bought the car. (that was a toyota perk, not a dealer specific perk)
  8. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    I was under the impression that this should be included in any Detail Package...:ninjastea
  9. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    :p reach arounds alone cost 100 dollars ;)
  10. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    Are you offering??

:p
  11. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    i dont work at a car dealership anymore =]
  12. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    If you go pro, plan for at least 200 bucks. If you wanna find a place look around, check the area, check what cars are sitting there and word of mouth plays a huge part.
  13. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    i know some people would take there car to the auto detailing a day before car show or any auto events.
  14. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    ahh, sorry i thought you meant body work like fixing dents and scratches, my mistake i got them mixed up.
  15. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    sometimes detailing will do those things ;)