1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Fitness Anyone try Alli yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by corollagtswife, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Offline

corollagtswife New XRS Owner :

Message Count:
    Anyone try Alli yet?

Has anyone tried it?
    I have been researching it and even looking at reviews for it.
    I heard about the constipation and/or uncontrollable bowel movements.
    Well, as I read more about it I have realized the since humans are creatures of habit, we tend to think that we're doing the right thing yet subconsciously we are still doing the crappy stuff to our body. On the Alli website it states over and over that you need to eat low-calorie low-fat foods and water. Along with exercise. Even walking they say is better than nothing. I think I can handle walking. ... I do have a dog who needs exercise daily.
  2. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    Will Alli work? probably.. Will I take it? no

Reasons:
    1. although FDA approved, there is not enough research on how it will effect you when taken with other drugs.
    2. I checked out much of the info. The food you are required to eat is all based on a low-glycemic food source. I have known about and studied it for the past 8 years, the low glycemic index has been around for over 15 years. (so nothing new there)
    3. This really requires a lot of motivation on your part. you need to exercise, eat well, and live a healthy life. You can do this even without the pill.. I don't think the pill will make that much of a difference.
    4. For most people, they have a harder time with limiting the consumption of foods.. This pill will not help with hunger.
    5. I see too many logical fallacies while reading this website. That brings up a red flag.
    6. No information on ingredients/supplemental facts (another red flag)
    7. Can't find pricing anywhere (oh well)
    8. Anything that will possibly give you side effects I do not want to take for a long period of time which in this case you have to until you lose the weight you want.

Bottom line: There are plenty other way of loosing fat and I think doing the jenny craig program will at least keep you motivated, I would prefer that instead if you were really serious. If you're serious about losing fat, find a partner that will help you first. Secondly, I would recommend reading and researching on the low glycemic food index. There are a few books you can buy. They are like $20. And lastly, commit to 3 month if you are doing more harder exercise (weight training, intense cardio)or 6 month for light exercise (walking, yoga) and you should be good to go
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    Well, thank you for the info. I will have to look into the glycemic index then. Like I said I have only been considering this. In fact, I am a firm believer that a normal diet and exercise is the way to go. I just need to learn to do it. I have only tried two diet pills and both made me jittery as hell. So with that said I haven't tried that hydroxy cut, trim spa, slim quick, or any of that other stuff.

I don't think suppressing your hunger and then feeling like you're on meth is a good combo.

Side note: While I'm typing this our male kitten is nibbling on my nose, chin and ears ... little shithead.
  4. Offline

94corolla-chafita uhh im a dude..

Message Count:
    why did the government ban ephedra? it worked and could have saved fat people. guess they want us to be fat and die.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Well, actually it was causing major heart problems. I know someone who was on it and she has no control over her bowel movements, still. Almost 10 years later after taking it. She hasn't developed heart problems but even when she was on it she still couldn't control them. I was a little girl then so I'm not sure if she was following the whole diet & exercise thing correctly, but then again who knows?
  6. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i'd pass, and instead look into a severe diet change/activity increase. if you want a system flush (similar to what alli will do to you), investigate liver/kidney flushes and enemas.

they're about as proven to work as drugs like alli, but won't put unnecessary chemicals in your system.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    since were on the topic, what u guys think of water pills? what do they do anyway? someone told me to take them....
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    I only take a diuretic when i'm on the period because of the severe water weight gain ... at least 7-10 pounds i gain. very bloated. i don't even think that a man should take a water pill unless otherwise prescribed by your doctor and then you should be drinking a shit ton of water with it.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    oh hahaha ok...
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    ^^ you asked dude
  11. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    10 pounds? holy shit
  12. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    my girlfriend wanted to get those pills, but i was against it. she has just been too lazy to get on the elliptical, but she started riding her bike again. it really comes down to how you eat and spacing out your eating. the biggest thing is not to expect or try to lose a lot of weight at one time. depending on how much you weigh, dropping 2-5 pounds a month is a good average to have. a lot of people look at the week weight loss, but that can get people disappointed.
  13. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    dont fat people have heart problems as it is?
  14. Offline

ShallowPockets New Member

Message Count:
    Basically the stuff encapsulates fat that you consume...therefore, one meal with a little too much fat can result in going poopie uncontrollably. Not exactly a position I'd want to be in in say.....rush-hour gridlock traffic, lol! [peter griffin] UH-OH!!![/peter griffin]

I lost 7 pounds over the course of about 2-3 months just by changing dinner. No extra exercise, not eating less. Basically, I cook a lot more now than I used to. I've cut eating out back to maybe 1 time a week for both lunch and dinner. I'd attribute the basically effortless weight loss to the 'hidden' fats and calories in a lot of the food served in restaurants. It's cheaper too.
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    yes 10 pounds...

most women gain about 3-10 pounds of water weight. a lot has to do with how much sodium is in your diet too. for me though i never use salt. so either what im eating already has a lot of sodium or something crazy.

any of you girls get crazy bloated?
  16. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Still...10 pounds! Wow.

Just read a few sites (curiosity killed the cat), and the average is 3-4 pounds.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    Well, I'd like to know what sites you read that off of because I swear I gain like 7 pounds at least. That's on a good day. It doesn't matter ... either way, 3-4 pounds is a lot too.
  18. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    is it bad if i say I can gain a good 10 lbs after a meal and lose it again at the toilet?
  19. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    same here!!!
  21. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count: