1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Another school shooting

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Prodigy3006, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:

I don't know if it was the norm back then but some body had to own them... my father still works behind the same desk that he worked behind when he was 16, selling the same pumps. blue collar was life back then, suburban life was not all T.V. landish, there was actually more spousal abuse then, than there is now. even through the 70's.

but no i havent seen a story on how good the family was for a prodigy child... but i HAVE experineced how family can change one. a kid in my graduating class (actually one of my very good friends) was 2 years younger than me and had tought him self college calc by the end of 8th grade and had enough college credets to graduate by his junor year, but could not because he had not actually graduated high school yet. (his parents wanted him to go through all of highschool.) his family means more to him than anything in the world. he had too drop out of a school play because his sister had the flu. his parents both work to keep them in there house. now he has been excepted in to oxford but he is not going because he doesnot want to be away from his faimly for that long.

by the way I went to a highschool not even five minutes away from columbine and I was a freshman on april 20th 1999 I was in english class when we herd about the events unfolding at our sister school down the street. I will never forget that day... ever
  2. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    wow five posts in the time it took me to post mine... WOW i type slow.
  3. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    As always, there will be exceptions to the norm.

There will be kids who are left home alone for hours on end, and they end up applying themselves like no other and becoming brilliant geniuses. There will be kids who have one parent who stays home all the time, while the other parent is rich enough to not work very long, and he will end up the worst of kids despite the best parenting in the world. That's the nature of the human psyche.

On the average though, you can generally predict the chances for any number of things based on how you were raised as a child.

How society responds to this will be based on the next generation of parenting (us), as the damage is mostly done already. I'm just afraid that the media will never get this message out, for fear of trying to speak out against society.
  4. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    THIS KID KILLED A POLICE OFFICER AND TOOK HIS CRUISER TO THE SCHOOL. Now you tell me..you want all of our country's law enforcment members to go unarmed? Hell no. This murderer killed an unarmed security guard before shooting people at the school.

If you don't like it, move to a not-so-free country. Gah.

</rant>
  5. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Where the fuck did this come from? What does any of this have to do with Bush? Once again, someone is taking one situation and blaming it on the president. Stupidest argument Ive ever heard of. Sorry, but when Columbine occured, Bush wasnt president. So how is it the presidents fault? Clinton was president at that time, and he issued the assault weapon ban, and Columbine still occured...so....

And yeah, times change. This isnt the day of the cleaver family....also, when it was the leave it to beaver days, blacks had little to no rights, and it was assumed that women would stay at home, essentially having no rights themselves. It was assumed that they would have dinner ready and keep the house cleaned.

And in this case, the shooters father committed suicide and the mother was brain dead from a car accident, so this case has NOTHING to do with family values.
  6. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
    turbo, parents not being home and not influencing the child positively has a Large effect on the childs behavior. Yet, the childs peers have an almost equally large effect. That is why boys and girls clubs pop up and violence goes down, not because parents are involved, but because Someone is involved and the childs influences change. He/she gets different friends and a new surrounding.

Yes i do cpe at uah, but i also have an uncountable amount of community service hours and i worked many many afterschool programs. anyone heard of S.t.a.r.s, i'm sure you have cuztomrollas98 and vortex, they are based out of colorado. worked with them so much in high school i thought i'd move to denver (not necessarily a good organization though). but, anyhow, all these organizations i've been in are constantly flooded with statistics, studies and field experiments; i encourage everyone to volunteer some time as it definitely is time well spent to discourage this sort of behavior.
  7. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    like i said thers positives and negatives to all these changes, im specifically speaking of how these changes affected children..i dont see how civil rights has ANYTHING to do with this, but it was true nonetheless..., and no perhaps family values wasnt an issue but i can see how the lack of parents can negatively affect a kid
  8. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    True, but lack of parents can also strengthen an individual. Give them more responsibility, grow more mature. Im not saying youre wrong....just not sure how all of this applies to the current story.
  9. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    ^also true....i never had a dad and i think im doin allright(well as far as not wanting to kill every1 goes), hell i graduated highschool a year early! im not saying this is the sole reason for the shooting but i theorize if things wouldve been different on a parental level with this kid, perhaps the outcome of this situation wuldve been different
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    You were 11. How were you at Columbine High School?

The youngest victim was 14....the others were 15, and most were 16-18 years olds.

Somethings not adding up.
  11. Offline

milhousse C U in the car

Message Count:
    I completely agree with renfield90 about guns, (and everyone else on that side).
    THey are not the problem .take columbine for example. the guns that the kids got -> obtained them illegally. no gun law would have stopped that. (well unless they never existed in the first place, but good luck with that).
    Having guns are not the problem. the age old argument still holds. guns dont have a brain, they dont pull the trigger themselves. some insane person with some insane idea has to go and do it. you're not going to stop that.
    Hell almost all the guns that are on the street are obtained illegally anyways. gun laws arent goign to stop that. If people want them, they can get them.
  12. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    People kill people...guns dont kill people
  13. Offline

aSiAnRiCk New Member

Message Count:
    Holy old thread batman

I thought there was another school shooting recently just by reading the title
  14. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    So did I..
  15. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    I brought it back because I was wondering about customzrolla being at columbine
  16. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
    lol... i was like,

"i posted this thread recently????" then i looked at how old it was! lol :)