1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Almost Dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bulletproofswordsman, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    Almost Dead

post situations/times in which you almost got killed (ie almost fell off the roof,got missed by a bullet etc)

me i almost fell of an apartment building roof in new york, i actually fell over the edge border but landed on someones fire escape

allright, go
  2. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    hmmm fell off a rope swing down a pretty steep incline when i was about 12 (damn near a cliff, but technically it was still a very steep hill) fell about ... 70-80 feet or so... didnt break anything due to some stroke of luck... the way i landed on the "hill" saved my ass...

then nov 2 had a guy blow a red light on me and smash my rolla to bits... i was luck enough to walk away from that one too... still hurtin a lil from it tho.
  3. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    hmmm grandma last week lol, got ran over by a chick goin like 35 mph at the streetraces last summer while cops were invading the area trying to trap us in lol, my cousin flipped his car really bad and that cause my knee cap to hit the shifter and to pop out from knee lol and dislocate my shoulder, got shot in the left buttcheek 3 years ago during an unexpected drive by on the ghetto side of denver (federal and 32nd), stabbed on the left shoulder during a fight. So right now I dk I just thank God I'm alive.
  4. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    damn, you been through a shitload...i got stiches twice...once in when i was about 9 helpin my nieghbor on his el camino and then when i was 12 ridin a dirtbike i got snagged on the knee from a branch...never broke anything(crosses fingers) and no car accidents yet(crosses fingers again...)
  5. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    yea dood u don't wanna b through dat kinda shyt lol but I kno there's ppl out there that's been through worse than what I've been through but at least your case is not bad so it's all good :cool:.
  6. Offline

dragonhuntur Sunny So.Cal

Message Count:
    Let's see...I almost skid off a clif once or twice. I was caught up in a drive by shooting (didn't get shot thankfully) I was in a real bad accident when I was 13 and was told by doctors that I was lucky to be alive. I fell off a dirt bike going about 40 and it fell on top of me I and I slid under it for a pretty good distance. I've had guns, knives, bats pulled on me but I was able to get out of the situations. I was almost dragged away by a bus. Almost hit by a car walking down the street. That's all i can think of right now. I've stared death in the eyes to many times...
  7. Offline

Message Count:

thats why i keep a louisville slugger under the back seat.......

at this rate ill need a desert eagle to keep safe
  8. Offline

dragonhuntur Sunny So.Cal

Message Count:
    I used to have a bat in my car but I also used to get pulled over a lot and cops would say that it's a concealed weapon...blah blah blah
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    keep a fitted cap and old baseball jersey in the trunk
  10. Offline

Lue-Zanna_Rolla what was that..

Message Count:
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    hehe instant karma, the slow mo on that vid was brutal
  12. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Gotta have that tool in ur car man lol, I carry my trustworthy steel made friends with me too lol.......including some brass knuckles that I've had to use b4
  13. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
  14. Offline

Lue-Zanna_Rolla what was that..

Message Count:
    i walked away without a scratch....
  15. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    heh, you ever see pics of my shit D?

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  16. Offline

zeroexp02 Banned

Message Count:
    Jun 13 2001 Last day of school(Atholton High, MD)junior year not even 15min go by...my best friend is driving his brother and myself in his 91 accord. Danny (my best friend) was driver, his brother was in passenger front and I was in passenger back. We were driving down a winding road and his steering column locked up fished tailed the car into a utility pole. Hit the pole at about 50mph. It hit on drivers side. Danny they say died on impact, His brother was unconscious and when they were able to get him after they removed live wires took him to hospital. I got out with just a small scratch on my arm. Thank God.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    ouch! seein an intercooler in that shape hurts my soul
  18. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Yea I saw those pics man they're horrible man when I saw em I was like man all that hard work put away in a blink of an eye.....stupid ppl man but well at least you're alive bro so that's what counts.

Man good to know that you walked away fine man that looked like a pretty bad roll, I walked....well more like hopped out lol with my knee cap in my hand and with a dislocated shoulder......
  19. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
  20. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Oh damn man, glad yur alive.

hehe oddly, that same intercooler pressure tested 100% and is running on my 99 now... :) all but one small section of my IC piping survived as well... yay for aircraft grade stainless steel - shattered my old throttle body like it was a cracker getting hit with a hammer.

hehe, paid for enough of it at least... enough to move what i could from my 98 to my 99 and purchase a few upgrades as well as get the 99 mechanically where my 98 was... actually this setup is better designed, took some of the flaws in the original kit and learned from them. I didnt get as much as I wanted (i REALLY wanted to upgrade the suspension and do a couple other things - which i may still do once i have more cash - however, i was able to move my old suspension minus 1 strut (replaced) and 1 tower bar (replaced with a p.o.s. one but it at least *helps - sorta*))

i'll be posting pics up of the 99 in the next few days. :) I also still have the medical settlement pending... fun fun...