1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

DIY Air Flow Meter (AFM) Cleaning...

Discussion in 'Other DIY & Questions' started by sting 101, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Offline

sting 101 The 80's Icon™

Message Count:
    Air Flow Meter (AFM) Cleaning...

source: www.toyotaregion3.proboards74.com

i've observed that aside from cleaning your individual throttle bodies on your 20v 4a-ge or a single throttle body on your 4a-fe engine... for those who have an air flow meter (AFM) sensor type air intake, this shouldn't be left out on the cleaning process...

i've observed that i didn't have good throttle response when i did my road trips to mariveles, bataan and back...

that's why on new year's eve, well in the late part of the afternoon, i decided to clean my AFM...

step 1. unscrew/ unbolt all areas connecting the intake rubber pipe, the AFM itself, the adapter to the filter and the filter itself...
    [IMG]

step 2. use to cloths (one, with kerosene for cleaning and the other for drying)... make sure you clean all areas that were either filled with dirt or oil residue with the cloth dipped in kerosene... then dry it up with another cloth...
    [IMG]

can you say clean AFM?
    [IMG]

step 3. repeat step 1, but in reverse to bolt in everything... then you're set to go...
    [IMG]