1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

~* Aftermarket fog lights? *~`

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by snuggles, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    ~* Aftermarket fog lights? *~`

:?: question - What kind of fog lights besides the OEM fog lights would look good on the car??? :?: I want to get some fog lights, but dunno what kind will look good on my car. i have the blue LE, so i am having trouble with picking a set of fog lights.

Here are the two shapes of the fog lights that i am thinking about:
    [IMG]
    or these:
    [IMG]
  2. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    pics don't work
  3. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    For real? Because it works on mine. Well they are like mini fog lights. One is OVAL and the other one is mini rectangle. they are both clear len.
  4. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    would you mount them where the OEM fog lights would go? if you did, i think you could put some aftermarket fog lights and make it still look good, just try to get the foglights that would give you the smallest gap.
  5. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    Why not choose the OEM foglights? They'd look the best (most integrated) and after spending time to custom mount the aftermarket foglights you might come out even as far as cost goes.
  6. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:

I guess i want something different thats why i don't want the OEM foglights. The OEM foglights looks huge. I think with the OEM foglights, the car would look more like the S.

But i was thinking, maybe if i put the lil foglights in the foglight spot, then i can put some mesh stuff behind it and it'll look ok??? I dunno. I was just imaging, maybe the lower grill would look unify with the mesh stuff going all the way across the bottom. :?: *Will it look tacky if i did that????* :?:
  7. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Mesh on your grill, I think, looks good. I agree with what someone said before about those aftermarket foglights being worth more trouble that you want to deal with. The size of the slot for the foglight, and those aftermarket foglights don't mesh well. I would either A, get the OEM foglights, or B...leave it alone.
  8. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Maybe i should get the OEM. I was looking at the slots today and realize that the slots are really big. Now i just gotta find some OEM foglights. thanks you guys
  9. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    the fogs on ebay that say "OEM" are not quite OEM. they're OEM for the altis, so to install them on our rolla it'll take slight modification. just for your info.
  10. Offline

kickbike Guest

Message Count:
    can someone tell me how much the OEM fog lights (not ebay or other websites) cost and where can I find them?

Mario

11. Offline

pkpss Guest

Message Count:
    If you want a good estimate, non internet, just call up your local dealers...
  12. Offline

ph0bi4 Guest

Message Count:
    they're incredibly expensive, if i remember correctly. like $150 for each or something crazy like that. my memory could be sketchy though
  13. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    yea, i seen a lot of sites that sell OEM toyota parts and they all have um listed in the neighborhood of $150 each, and that probably doesnt even include S&H
  14. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    How much do you think the OEM foglights cost at the junkyard???
    Do u think that they charge alot for the stuff there. Cuz i want to buy some headlights so i can get clear corners.