1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Ae101-r

Discussion in '7th Gen' started by Grinder, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    Yeah. I just want to make it very clear that I LOVE the Corolla and always will. It is a great, perfect car. The only reason I got the IS300 so quickly was because it is so much like the Corolla. The Corolla was my first car, and I will never forget it.

I love people who dedicate time and money to show love to their Corolla. I don't want to see them all die off like mine did. So I encourage people to take GOOD care of their Corolla. Scott, you know this because you only use Corolla parts on yours. You know what it means to properly mod a Corolla so that it still remains true to Corolla. And Grinder, you are doing a good job the same way by keeping it true to Corolla. I appreciate that! I can see your hard work over the years. It takes one of us to notice. But the average passerby won't have the eye for it or even care. I bet Scott's car looks like "only a Corolla" to plenty of people, even though we all see very differently.

I spent years of money, blood, sweat, tears over my car trying to build it into something spectacular. I was young and ignorant. I modded the Corolla in ways that I would not repeat, I have learned valuable lessons. So, I try to pass those lessons onto other people so they don't waste time and money like I did. I would do it completely different if I could start over. But I can't, that is impossible. So, I try and prod others to mod their Corollas in a tasteful way that makes it unique, but still Corolla. So I will mod my Lexus (even if it is a piece of $*** like you said) with Lexus parts and it will always look only like an IS300. Nothing else. I have learned to love the car for what it is, just the way it is. But that's no fun! We always want to mod and change it! That's the hard part, finding ways to make it different in the correct way.

So Grinder, you said that you got over the green wheel thing and that you already want to change it to something else. It was after that I said why you want green wheels anyway, only because you said you weren't liking them anymore yourself. So I applaud you. Of course, now you're out that set of wheels unless you get all the paint off somehow. But I definitely like the idea of widened stockies with coilovers. Gives it a stock look, but slammed, flush, clean, baller. Good luck mate!!
    James and Sharpshooter like this.
  2. Offline

Grinder Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Ok guy first up (gold94corolla) im sorry for the way i blew up at you regarding your remarks, i took it the wrong way as i thought whats a guy doing on here bagging out corollas, when i have never said anything bad about another members ride before.As for your lexus IS300 yer to clear it up we got both the IS200 and IS300 hear but no ALtezza's the only one we got were imports and very rare, and i know our model goes faster than our corollas cause everyone that has one here lets you know if you want to take them on.
    As for you old corolla ive been watching it for years i love the custom work that went into it and am a big fan of it.
    As for styling a corolla these days you do something different and you end up walking the fine line of being called a ricer or tryhard and then being ousted from the cool guys.
    Like ive posted before im still abit lost as to were or how i want to take my car.The bright coloured rims are to add abit of fun to the show instead of blending in to the rest of the traffic. I dont know about you but every second car here is grey, silver ,black or white with the same coloured rims and style.
    Maybe ill buy some chrome rims next and rock that for a while and then be told by all the boy racers to ditch them cause there too heavy and will affect performance. My car barely has 100hp atw i know its not a rocket but it's my rocket.
    Anyway im sorry this all went the wrong way, please no hard feelings and here is a pic of an IS200 with a 2jzgte conversion. maybe give you some ideas to mod yours the extreme way

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    James likes this.
  3. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Hey I drive just a corolla!! :)
  4. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    lol.

Grinder, thanks for understanding. And everything is better because you posted some yummy pics LOL. j/k. Keep up the good work mate.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    you too mate , all good
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    Here some pics i took from my new rear speakers , i ran into a little trouble with trying to locate the rear speaker wires. If i had the sedan then it would be piss easy, but i have the hatchback with the wires running behind side roof panels, then going upside down, round and around then finally letting you see it but no really letting you get to it .Grrrr so after some head scratching i was all up in the shit hahaha, even my 3yr old was helping out, doing the usual thing of loosing screws hehehe. Specs on the speaker are nothing special just some $20 Audioline 6 inch 2ways.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

and here are some scenery shots i took taday.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. Offline

crolla "Wait did I just lose to a corolla?"

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    ZZE110
    I actually like the green steelies. Car looks good man. I would go lower tho, but thats just me.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    yer same but id have to get coilovers to go lower the arospeed springs that i have at the moment, i thought would of dropped abit more by now but no go.
  9. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    You should see what red steelies look like haha
  10. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    the speakers look good back there for sure!
  11. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    That wiring looks strange, I see what you mean about it being a pain.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Thanks guys , yer the wiring i think would have to go into the side plastic. Id have to drill a whole through it all and push the wires through or extend the wiring longer and run it along the parcel down the edges or the rear of the seat then under them to match up under the foot kick panel . Thats about 1.5 metres of wiring as oppposed to 30cm that i used.
  13. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
    Any updates Grinder?
  14. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
  15. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    Oh, tell me more about how you've seen this car lately.
  16. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    He has another thread with his newer car, a white one he calls Marshmallow. Dumbass.
  17. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    :roast:
    MACK likes this.
  18. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    Owned.

The one with the custom intake manifold (fail)?
  19. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    X2
    yes
  20. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    I still like this one better.
  21. Offline