1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

News abstinence vs protection

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ikonXone, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Offline

Salty_Dog Old Fart

Message Count:
    No, I don't.

Is this his opinion or is there some scientific study to prove that it is a "joke"? Or do I sense some underlying prejudice against Catholicism here?

A joke is one of those things I post over in the Humor forum. No, teaching abstinence is not 100% effective; not even among Catholics. But what is?

Hate speech. Mexicans (I presume he means Catholic Mexicans, but not all Mexicans are Catholic) are true to their religious teachings and he sees this as a bad thing.

More racial bigotry. I am anxiously awaiting to see this "study".
  2. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Hate to say it, but Ive read the same- Im not sure why you seem to think otherwise. There is factual evidence out there to support that the teen pregnancy rate is higher for hispanics and blacks than whites.

Source:
    "Key Statistics:

* Black women have the highest teen pregnancy rate (134 per 1,000 women ages 15–19), followed by Hispanics (131 per 1,000) and non-Hispanic whites (48 per 1,000).
    * The pregnancy rate among black teens decreased 40% between 1990 and 2000 compared to an overall national decline in teen pregnancy rate of 36%.

To View this Resource: www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_ATSRH.html"

Like single parents in the United States- There is racial variation in the proportion of families headed by a single parent: 22 percent for white, 57 percent for black, and 33 percent for Hispanic families.

This isnt uncommon knowledge.

And another:

National Vital Statistics Report: Births to 10–14 Year Old Mothers 1990–2002: Trends and Health Outcomes

Source: Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

Description: This article presents the national and statewide birthrates for
    females ages 10–14. The data is categorized by age and race/ethnicity.

Key Statistics:

* In the nation overall, pregnancy rates for women Hispanic and black young teenagers (ages 10–14) are higher than for non-Hispanic white young teenagers
    * The birth rate for young teens fell in all racial and ethnic groups by 29–63% between 1990 and 2002.
    * The rate for black young teenagers declined most steeply, from 4.9 per 1,000 in 1990 to 1.8 in 2002.

To View this Resource: www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr53/nvsr53_07.pdf
  3. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    the truth is not opinion, nor is it racial or religious bigotry. what is being said in this thread is the truth, and just because it is hard for you to swallow doesnt change anything.

also, as of the year 2000 roughly 87% of mexicans claim to be catholics through a government census. his statement isnt a generalization.

now since legitimate statistics have been posted id love to see you somehow refute them... please.
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    the std figures are even higher than the teen pregnancy stats above---want to see those too?
  5. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    as a matter of fact i would... thank you, sir.
  6. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    GJ e. I am still waiting on OP's figures as well.
  7. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

How about the Center for Disease Control?? Is that legitimate enough for you? http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats08/trends.htm

I bet its also hard to believe that the rate of stds are three times higher among women than men.

"Racial Disparities

Racial minorities continue to face severe disparities across all three reportable STDs. While racial disparities persist overall, African-Americans, especially young African-American women, are the most heavily affected. Young African-American women face significantly higher rates of chlamydia and gonorrhea than any other group, while the highest rates of syphilis are among African-American men."
    http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats08/trends.htm

BLACKS
    "African-Americans

Gonorrhea: Blacks represent only 12 percent of the total U.S. population, but made up more than 70 percent of gonorrhea cases in 2008 — one of the greatest disparities of any disease, and the most severe racial disparity of all reportable STDs. In 2008, the gonorrhea rate among blacks was more than 20 times higher than that of whites (625.0 cases per 100,000 vs. 31.0). Black girls 15 to 19 years of age had the highest gonorrhea rate of any group (2,934.6 cases per 100,000) in 2008, followed closely by black women 20 to 24 years of age (2,777.0). "

Chlamydia: The chlamydia rate among blacks in 2008 was more than eight times higher than that of whites (1,519.3 cases per 100,000 vs. 173.6).

Syphilis: The syphilis rate among blacks was about eight times higher than that of whites in 2008 (17.3 cases per 100,000 vs. 2.2). While this represents a substantial decline from 1999, when the rate among blacks was 29 times greater than among whites, significant disparities remain

HISPANICS:

Gonorrhea: The rate of reported gonorrhea infections among Hispanics was more than twice that of whites (66.8 cases per 100,000 vs. 31.0).

Chlamydia: Overall rates of chlamydia were almost three times higher among Hispanics than whites (510.4 cases per 100,000 vs. 173.6).

Syphilis: The rate of reported syphilis cases among Hispanics was double that of whites (4.7 cases per 100,000 vs. 2.2)

SOURCE: http://www.cdc.gov/std/stats08/trends.htm

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXT! :)

Hate speech? Really?

Then what about this?

" Mexican immigrants have one of the highest fertility rates in the US, contributing greatly to the large population growth exhibited by Hispanics. Yet, little data are available explaining the reasons for this increased fertility. This study attempts to determine if Mexican immigrants exhibit greater fertility desire when compared to other ethnic groups. Methods. Data from the National Survey of Family Growth (1995) were analyzed to determine if Mexican immigrants demonstrate a greater desire for a(nother) child when compared to other ethnic groups. Results. Mexican immigrants with a parity of 0 or 1 exhibited elevated rates of fertility desire when compared to others. However, those with a parity of 2 or more did not display a higher desire for subsequent children. Conclusions. The large family sizes exhibited by Mexican immigrants do not appear to result from desire and may be due to other factors that necessitate further examination."

Combine that with the fact that 87% of mexicans claim to be catholic, and what do you have?

Well, apparently not!

Eagerly awaiting your reply- did you honestly think that he was wrong (or a racist, or a bigot), or were you just trying to pick at him because of your differences?
  8. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    What we have is thread ownage.
  9. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    it's my opinion, i was raised catholic when i was younger. luckily my parents gave me the option of going to church or not and was smart enough in my eyes to stop. others need religion, but it's not for me and i don't judge people for that.

you are right nothing is 100% effective, but education of birth control and available options over abstinence could be more effective. it doesn't help the pope openly says not to use birth control.

i am a big racist and hate mexicans. only problem is that i a mexican, so that comment doesn't exactly fit since i am in the group i was talking about.
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    nothing else? no rebuttal? is that it?
  11. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Nope. I agree with every word. Even the Mexican part. LOL :D
  12. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
  13. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
  14. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    7th inning stretch lolololol
  15. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    damn e, maybe I can ask you to do my research papers from now on. :thumb:
  16. Offline

ChicagoCruise Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    yup, how bout them rollas?
  17. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    here's another story since sour dog doesn't want to comment back about other facts posted

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_white_minority

looks like we need to kick out all the illegal hispanics, but then who will do all the jobs people don't want? :eek:
  18. Offline

Salty_Dog Old Fart

Message Count:
    "Sour Dog" has more important things to do than get into a pointless pissing contest. Give me enough time and I'll disprove anything to want to throw at me. But this is not worth my time.
  19. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    that's my mistake with putting sour instead of salty. as for disproving, take all the time you need or is it that you can't disprove it so it's not worth the time?
  20. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Yet you had enough time to put your 2 cents in this thread.....calling people racist and accusign them of spewing hate talk? How ironic....maybe hed like to threaten you with the libel talk...turn the tables.

Id like to see you disprove my FACTS directly from the CDC. You made a wrong remark, got proved wrong, and this is your rebuttal?

If its not worth your time dont comment in the 1st place, ok?
  21. Offline

plu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    :chill: