1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

News Abortion rights

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by corollarider19, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Like most people I see the pros and cons of each side (pro choice or pro life) and I believe it really does depend on the situation... take for example, a friend of mine's sister got pregnant when she was 15 (she discovered sex, and loved it I guess, from what I heard), well she had an abortion, and from what i've heard, she has only had sex with one person since then (long term boyfriend now, and she is on the pill) and she's about to turn 17, so it was a lesson for her...

Here in Canada, if the woman is not married, the decision is completely up to her to have an abortion, but if she is married, her husband is suppose to have a say in it...

And id like to add how cool it is that everyone is so civil considering how much of a touchy subject this is, well done everyone :)
  2. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    Yeah, this is very unlike us to keep things so mellow, whats up with that? :)
  3. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    I gave my opinion, and will keep it at that
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Bah.....site needs some activity:

From CNN:

To some, a never-enforced New Hampshire law requiring parental notification before a minor has an abortion is a backward step for women's rights. To others, it protects parents' right to know if their child is having an abortion.

Backward step for women's rights? If youre not legally an adult, how is it a backwards step?

Rest of the story here:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/11/28/scotus.roundup.ap/index.html
  5. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    If you are a minor, you have no rights (well, less rights) just as it should be, I agree with you that it isn't a backwards step, parents *should* know what their kids are up to, especially if the kid will be living at home with a kid of their own... because as long as the child is a minor, anything she does (like, becoming pregnant, etc.) will affect the parents also... or should, heh...