1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 98-02 Corolla SF Turbo Kit

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by RacingSolution, May 12, 2004.

1. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I've been thinking of my internals as a big problem for my car since I don't think that it will be easy to find parts for it plus I just want the car to run right u kno but hey w/e can b done 2 d@ car is koo cuz I love my Rolla :-D
  2. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:

I was also thinkin on a 2ZZ-GE swap for it but I've asked ppl and they said it ain't dat good so I dk man.......... :confused: :confused: :confused:
  3. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    If my turbo kit shows up to my house today like it's supposed to you won't be....lol
  4. Offline

superpilun Guest

Message Count:
    I wonder how they are handling the different sensors in the 98-99 Map Corollas and the 00-02 MAF Corollas. Oh yeah, I'm guessing they're not running any coolant lines to the turbo? Ouch.
  5. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    MAP sensor problems were solved with a simple voltage clamp. The turbo is oil cooled.
  6. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    What kinda voltage clamp did ya use? just curious...
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Split Second
  8. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    and now that I think about it.................If I install a turbo kit would I have to remove my A/C??????
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Nope
  10. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    heh just read through the 12 pages of stuff in the toyota part, and man sf needs to get there shit together. Thats some really bad customer service.
  11. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    damn is that so?????........shit thankz 4 lettin us kno.....at least this is good for me since I was planning on buyin that turbo kit and a body kit from them and damn its dissapointin dat they have such bad costumer service :rolleyes:
  12. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    don't let me change your mind, the kit looks awesome and i believe the celica gt numbers are 218 hp at 6 psi. But the customer service needs to be addressed SEVERELY.
  13. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I was thinkin on something custom for the turbo but I might end up buying the body kit from them.
  14. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Get the bodykit from either Racing Solution or through me at my shop. I can also help ya with the turbo setup - we can jig my pipes and manifold to get it all setup.
  15. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    i havent been following this thread or much about the SF turbo kit, but last i heard the kit was running bad and the guy sold it cuz nothing worked right? is this kit all fixed now? if it is completely bolt on now and runs good i will get it...i almost bought it a couple months ago until i saw all the shit about the SF turbo being bad and shit.
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    The kit wasn't running properly on a 01-02 5spd... Jeff sold the kit to me so Stafford was never able to finish tuning it for that application.

The car runs very well on MAP sensor automatic Corolla's (98-00). The 5spd Map sensor corolla has not been tested (I'm hoping to convert in a couple of months)...

The MAF sensor automatic 01-02 corolla runs well, except for some lag issues which we hope will be fixed by a programmable fuel map unit soon to be installed by Stafford.

Stafford wanted to avoid installing the programmable unit because it just raises the cost of the kit itself.

The kit is 99% bolt-on. There had to be about a 3-5" cut made in the fender area inside of the engine bay to get the intercooler pipe through.
  17. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    well how much would it be for the body kit at ur shop?....also my friend is selling me a stock 94 tsi turbo for $140 and he told me that it will power up my car good. Is this true?? and if something can be done with it then how much for the pipping and stuff u kno...the works lol.....or which other turbo would u recommend for the Corolla.

P.S What's your shop's new location??
  18. Offline

djrazor Guest

Message Count:
    ok now turboing a corolla is great, I want to, however what about your ECU? dont u need it reflashed? what have you done in regards of the fuel system? have you modified it over to a return system? how about injectors? Would a TMIC be ok to use?

sorry I have alot of questions, but instead of spending the tons of cash on buying that turbo kit i'm going to be doing it custom myself with a buddy, i've already gotten my T3 turbo and am waiting for my TMIC
  19. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    I ordered mine Feb 6th and still haven't received it, but when I get it I'll let you know. I think Sean2Sean's is working fine, and Racing Solution's is working fine....
  20. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    damn more than 2 months to ship? damn that's a long time man....can't believe u haven't received it
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Ya thats pretty bad... Stafford is very backed up in orders... its only him and 2 other employees..

He had more.. but they were stealing stuff ... and its hard to find a knowledgable worker who wont steal out there apparently.. hah
  22. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    Then what he needs to do is stop taking orders completely. You don't keep on taking orders when you don't have the staff to work on it at all.
  23. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    or at least talk to the costumer and just tell him/her/them that it will take a while to arrive since there's a lot of orders and stuff like that you know like w/e the problem is but hey at least he's benefiting us with that turbo kit.....even though I have to say a little expensive..... :-\
  24. Offline

sean2sean Member

Message Count:
    eh... its something that u guys will get use to...

i had my car in there for more then 2 months... when he only needed it for about a month... *shrugs*

its been 3 months and i still havent been able to install my rfl bov... nor get my car dynoed...
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    But hey.. He installed my kit in a day ... so the manufacturing that takes long
  26. Offline

Turbo4afe Guest

Message Count:
    another turbo owner here...
    guys its not like you will see the biggest difference in the world with just 7psi's...yes your car will be FASTER but not fast enough..
    you will barely beat any family stock sedan v6 and such
    i have taken mine up to 14 psi's ..it was fast but not crazy fast...
    i guess u'll have to experience it on ur own..
  27. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    actually it's been exactly 16 weeks, which is 4 months...they said 4-8 weeks.
  28. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Having a turbo'd Corolla is fun and unique but you cannot get much power out of the 1ZZ-FE no matter how much money you put into it., so what's the point????....honestly. If the 1ZZ-FE would hold a grip of boost I would drop all my money into it but it will never happen so that's why I bought a Supra. I guess for now my Rolla will be up for looks but at this point performance is out of the picture.
  29. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    Your car must of been super slow before than.....lol
  30. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    Can't be 13 horse per each pound, too many variables to set a constant...that didn't make sense.