1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 98-02 Corolla SF Turbo Kit

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by RacingSolution, May 12, 2004.

1. Offline

System Error Guest

Message Count:
    My SF kit should be at my house on Monday!
  2. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    the force of the turbo is swaying me from the overly expensive/not worth it custom n/a setup i want to go with. But I would get it custom done.
  3. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:

hehe thats me bro... :)
  4. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    hehe I've got near that into mine - i did it cause i had the money and quite a few people swore it couldn't be done so i proved them wrong.
  5. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:

see...that's the way to do it. let people be naysayers...let them tell you what you can't do...then do it and prove them wrong.

i applaud you.
  6. Offline

dando60 Guest

Message Count:
    Makes me wish I still had my corolla.
  7. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:

man u need to help me hook my car up. I want to prove all of my friends and family that my car can haul azz and I'm gonna try hard az hell till I get there :cool:
  8. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:

hehe - give me a shout - 303/435 - 0364

if i don't answer just leave a vmail - i don't always get to my phone.
  9. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Why did u get rid of it homie?
  10. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    Honestly... when I got the turbo on, my exhaust was much smoother.. the farty muffler I had got very quiet...my gas mileage is still 27/28 mpg .. I wouldn't be surprised if my emissions didn't change much.. however the visual inspection may be a problem.. :)
  11. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    20'gs in a rolla????When your done ull slap yourself.
  12. Offline

prknlotpmp Guest

Message Count:
    does anyone know if the stafford kit will be carb approved?
  13. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:

I didn't even know that the SF Turbo Kit was up for Carb Approving process.... :confused: but I hope it does pass so then it will help out a lot :cool:
  14. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    probaly at 4.5 psi it'll be approved lol. There are multiple turbo kits that are carb approved...mainly for civics though.
  15. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Well I don't think they will run the turbo at more than that when takin Emissions lol well I dk shit lol...... and datz why I don't like Honda anymore, they are too damn popular now lol
  16. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:

My car passed Colorado emissions 27% better with the turbo than it did bone stock 2 yrs ago. I was running 7.5psi at the time.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    hey...if someone wants to drop that much money into their car, no matter WHAT it is, they have a right to...it IS their car.
  18. Offline

os3of5 Guest

Message Count:
    well, other people also have a right to tell them it's a bad idea. Last I checked, freedom of speech was still legal in the US.
  19. Offline

Pantaloon007 Guest

Message Count:
    Hey kid, if you got that kinda cheese now, blow it, cause your parents/family must have stacks of gold at the vault. Use it up before they cut you off.

Back to topic- Vortex or TurboRolla--what fuel mgmt. does the $3K SF kit come with? Just the fuel rail and larger injectors, or is there an inline booster pump? Very seriously looking at plunking down the $$$. Its either a turbo for my corolla or a '01 WRX. Down payment or turbo, hrmmmmmmmmm.....4 extra years of payments vs. 275 HP to all wheels, hrmmmmmm. I keep thinking Ive had that car for 2 yrs and I know it inside and out. Itd be a shame to let it go. And w/ turbo my whp will be close to the WRX's(albeit to 1 wheel most of the time instead of 4)

Like the kid I have the $$$, just need to know where to blow it....
  20. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:

but when they say 20 G's or maybe even more in a Civic it's fine right????? Man I hate that, plus yea I'll maybe end up slappin myself, maybe not.....maybe I'll learn my lesson, but if I don't do it I don't think anybody else would<<<except Vortex :cool: shit that is precisely why I want to spend money in the Corolla cause they're rare and not like other ricer civics and shit that u see around 24/7.
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    don't get me started on the freedom of speech deal...

but regardless...there have been more than one person in this thread telling the dude not to do it...and there's really no need for lots of "haters"(for lack of a better term). if the kid likes the car, so be it. i won't sit here and tell him not to do it if it's what he wants to do...frankly, i find it pointless.

besides...if he does come out of all this with a freakin badass corolla, you guys will all be humping his car anyway...
  22. Offline

ImpressiveIdeas Guest

Message Count:
    hey man as nice as the 1zz motor is, its takes alot to pull horsepower out of it. I have the 2zz motor and 6speed tranny turbo. Theres more work to do but 2zz is way better than 1zz especially after having both. I just spent $15,000 getting the rolla ready for the summer season. Its well worth it because why be a follower and leaders are the ones who make mag covers, and pull sponsors.
  23. Offline

SBM 007 Guest

Message Count:
    Maybe only 5spd but not only turbo rolla. I have a '96 corolla turbocharged with an automatic transmission. I do not have a kit myself but a custom set up. Still working through some of the quirks but determined to get over 250 HP. Currently running 6 psi on stock internals but I have swapped out my engine put in a JDM 7A-FE motor and will be sending the US motor for rods, pistons etc; so I can raise the boost. I will also get the tranny fortified to be able to withstand the xtra Hp's. I didn't want to miss any shows this year so I decided to do the swap and I wanted to have another motor on hand just in case I get too boost happy.
  24. Offline

dopeee Guest

Message Count:
    how much hp to the wheels do u get at 6psi?
  25. Offline

dopeee Guest

Message Count:
  26. Offline

ChristianVA New Member

Message Count:
    soo how about that turbo! great right! :D
  27. Offline

SBM 007 Guest

Message Count:
    I have not had a chance to dyno the car just yet. But it feels a helluva lot better than before (HP).
  28. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I at least need to get somewhere towards the 300 hp mark and if it makes it close then I'm good with that...maybe some other shops will come ^ wit parts for this car in the future hopefully, but some of u guys were right I was shootin kinda high there lol
  29. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    There was a 300 hp mr-s....then the engine blew. I think MWR is making a 300 hp mr-s also....but dunno. 300 is pretty high for the engine, your gonna need lots of internal upgrades.
  30. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:

internals = easy to build out (i've got a nice line on a bunch of stuff)