1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 98-02 Corolla SF Turbo Kit

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by RacingSolution, May 12, 2004.

1. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    I guess I"m a little biased since I have the kit.. but like vortex said... Corolla + Turbo = awesome!

The car is so much fun to drive... the BOV turns heads... passing on freeways is no problem... not to mention the intercooler looks good :)

Stafford built a good product... If you can have someone install it, I would recommend it, since it took Stafford about 6-7 hours to do it themselves.

If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me. I'm sure Sean2Sean will chime in his knowledge as well.
  2. Offline

Concordmk1 Guest

Message Count:
    $375 fr the full bodykit? That's a joke right?
  3. Offline

Rockhard66 Guest

Message Count:
    well i was thinking of getting the turbo but how much is it without the groupbuy as your site says. if its more than 3K i guess ill just spend my money on a new Powermac Dual 2ghz G5.
  4. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
  5. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    perhaps racingsolution himself can elaborate... lol

sean2sean is the only other person (that I'm aware of) than racingsolution that has the SF kit. It's pretty similar to the one I'm running and I hear just as good things about it as I feel about mine...

turbo + corolla = rockass

:D
  6. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    I have a custom kit...My mechanic built it for me. Anyways, yeah a turbo corolla is pretty cool! Very uncommon...Lot's of people are like, wow! That's a corolla?!

I like it and it's different! On and I have the Blitz BOV...Not much of a whistle, just a huge PPSSSSHHHHHH! I will get some footage on my camera and let you guys hear it, and see how I can get up a little.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Yah I'm not a big fan of the whistle BOV's.. mines a big PSSSHHH sound too..
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Its $3300 retail.
  9. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    What is included? DO you get a new fuel pump, SAFC, guages, and everything like that?
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Check out the site.. it lists whats included.
  11. Offline

Def98rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I wonder what I could get from Vortex if i do my tanny conversion in three weeks :) anyone wanna hook up a soon to be broke ass rolla owner :) a body kit would look tight or some springs :) Vortex yo Im considering your offer I just gotta save up cash to do it.anyhow hit me up sometime aight. Peace
  12. Offline

Fox New Member

Message Count:
    I'm sorry for my n00bness question... but whats the differance between the tuner and the normal turbo kit?
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    The Tuner kit does not include the SF fuel management unit.
  14. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Um...I am so glad that I got mine custom and didn't get that... I only paid $500 more than the normal kit and got a lot more goodies...

Anyways, am I the only turbo 5spd owner on this board????
  15. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:

Yo bro who did ur cuztom turbo and how much did it cost? and wut kinda goodies r there in it? :D
  16. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    How many lbs of boost and HP is this turbo kit able to output? Where can I find the PSHHHHHHHH blow off valve instead of getting the whistling one I think dat one is ghetto lol :p..... and what other parts can I put to make my car run like 10-14 lbs and where can I find them???? thankz
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    You can boost up to 18psi on this kit... The turbo is good up to around 350whp
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    Turbo kits are expensive.. and its hard to find a company that will make a good product... I also got a great deal on mine

I think u are the only 5spd right now... Sounds like Vortex is planning on a tranny swap, and I have a shop that will do mine as well...
  19. Offline

Fox New Member

Message Count:

If a buy the Normal turbo kit how much psi can i get out of it with my auto tranny. And what other things I should buy to get my car ready w/ the turbo installed ?
  20. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Hmmmm I see....... we'll I'm looking to get around 400+ hp but I guess that comes close enough. I need to do some researc cuz I want to spend the right money on the right parts. thanks man
  21. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    check this site out man......this guy lives in CO and he has one of the sickest rollaz I've ever seen around here....... I met him at the Old town theaters at Arvada on a saturday morning, him and some other ppl wit some sick ass importz were on their way to a photo shoot check it out man..... here's the link http://turbocorolla.com/cars/traviss.htm
  22. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:

It was a discounted price for me b/c I am in the club...But, all the stuff that is in my sig I got... www.teamventureracing.com

Oh and customrollaz98...You are not going to get 400+ HP out of your rolla...It's just not going to happen.

Pistons, rods, camshaft, valves...hell everything and that's $$$$ Then you would have to get axels specially built (they dont make ones for rolla's that you can just buy). Dude, you are talking about 15 G's at least...Be realistic.
  23. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    YEA but without axels he can make 400+ whp.........but if he tries to launch...... :eek:
  24. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:

Man let me tell u my reality I got at least 20 G's to spend in this car man, I'm talking about serious HP and if it can't make it to the 400 + hp then I'll just build that shit for show and go with somethin else for speed..... sucks it can't go that high but shit wut can u do
  25. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Why spend $20k on a car? I am pissed at myself for spending around $6k. You must have more money than you know what to do with.

Ok I just looked at your profile. You are 16 and you have 20 G's to just drop on your Toyota Corolla?????? Mommy and Daddy must be loaded---or you are just BS'n (where's the flag). Sorry, I will just believe this when I see it.

Oh and if you want to build a REALLY fast car...Get a hatchback civic...The parts are just out there for the taking.
  26. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    you're 16? there's no way you can be workin summer after summer..cause the legal minimum workin age is 16..i'm 17 and i've worked only one summer..and unless you're gettin paid 30 bucks an hour..you aint gonna have a ton of money to dump in the corolla..i made 3g's over the summer and i worked my ass off..and i only got paid 8.50
  27. Offline

Def98rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Man if the kid wants to throw down 20gs on his car let him fuck it aint ur money or ur wallet....dont hate on the guy just cause he has some dream or goal...hell get half way and be like damn i coulda bought a faster car or hell continue to spend more money...whatever I just think its wack ur hating on the kid even if it sounds hard to believe hes got that much bread if he worked legal legit jobs but hell its his word against ours so fuk it man let him spend the bread on his ride if he gots it...plus anything after 400hp on a FWD car is a real bitch for that get a RWD car or sell ur ride and put down 16gs on the new Scion TC coming out that shit is gonna be pimp and with 160hp which is a lot more than a rolla with intake exhaust and pullys can pull out....
  28. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Well man to be honest my mom and my dad helped with a couple of grand yes I don't deny that but I've been working my ass off summer after summer to make some money and save up for the projkt I like to earn my own shit too u kno and not like other spoiled ppl out there, I value my shit more that way. I'm sick of Honda's man everybody has them I just want somethin unique u kno.....but thankz 4 ur opinion
  29. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    More power to ya if you got the cheese...But dont put yourself in a bind finance wise just to hook up your car--It's not worth it.
  30. Offline

os3of5 Guest

Message Count:
    shouldn't you buy a house first?