1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

96 Corolla Rear Speakers

Discussion in 'Interior' started by imported_chenj16, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Offline

imported_chenj16 Guest

Message Count:
    96 Corolla Rear Speakers

i have a 96 corolla dx, i tried several attempts to install the rear speakers but to no avail, the furthest i got to was taken pin out and pop off cover of center brake light, popped 3 white plastic pins from under the rear carpet deck in truck, those 3 pins hold the front part of the deck cardboard... the rear part is where i stuck... it seems they are covered by the plastic panel on sides of the car interior where seatbelts go into... i tried to play around with seats.. but no luck.

i searched online, and some information suggest to remove the rear seats, by entire rear seats, does it mean to include the rear deck with brake lights? and with side plastic panel that seatbelts go into? i'd really love to know more about how exactly to remove the seats...

fyi, my specific application is a 96 corolla dx (canadian), there are no STOCK rear speakers, however i can see there's is wiring under the carpet of the rear deck.. and the backseats is a 60/40 split, can be folded down..

thanks a lot in advance!
  2. Offline

kalbo New Member

Message Count:
    i replaced my brother's rear speakers. i did take off the plastic part by the seatbelts for me to remove the whole backboard. i am not sure if there is an easier way but that's how i got the backboard off. hope this helps bro.
  3. Offline

imported_chenj16 Guest

Message Count:
    thanks a lot, i'll try it at some weekends when the whether gets warmer.