1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine 8th Gen Headers

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by SK149, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Windows. :) Sometimes trunk. The LE seats fold down. :D
  2. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I heard somewhere that only the LE seats fold down, but they do on my CE too...
  3. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    i think not all model ce seat fold down
  4. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    My CE (8th gen) has fold down seat. I think only S (8th gen) doesn't have fold down seat
  5. Offline

plu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You know what guys...I just noticed something. There are actually 2 different headers for the 8th gen Corolla out there. Look at KrypticKarma's Forza header which is a renamed OBX header found here:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

and then look at the CHEAP $50 headers on eBay:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

It looks like the the cheap ones are $50 + $50 shipping = $100, and the OBX/Forza ones are $155+$25 shipping = $180. They look the same EXCEPT where the O2 sensor is. The cheap ones have it monitoring only 1 of the 4 runners while the more expensive one have it after the runners. If it was me, I would pay the extra $80 for the better one.

Lets take a poll. I know moviestar and Rollatuner110 both said they regret getting their header. I want to know if they got the cheap version and that's why they are unhappy. So please chime in guys :D

And if I'm forgetting anyone else with these headers please chime in also!
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I disagree. They are VERY different. The runners on the no name are much longer in addition to having the O2 plug on just one.

I have the original Forza header where the O2 sensor is after the runners. The only reason I was unhappy was due to the lack of a flex pipe which caused the header to crack under extended stress from the motor.
  7. Offline

Liquidgsr Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    So the runners being longer, is that going to ristrict flow more or increase it?
  8. Offline

plu Well-Known Member

Message Count:

Oh you're right they do have much longer runners...hmm. Shouldn't be too bad to weld the O2 bung shut and add another one down the pipe. And then solder extra wiring to make the O2 sensor extend longer.

Or even just stick an old O2 sensor in the old bung and tap a new bung down the line.......I'm tempted to get this thing and try :dot:
  9. Offline

SK149 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Intersting I think I'm going to just wait and save money to boost my car like my boy did
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Longer runners will equate to more top end power and less low end. Not sure if that's what you're going for. I prefer more bottom end power since my car is a commuter.
  11. Offline

plu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Look at the PPE header here:
    http://www.ppeengineering.com/products/toyota/corollamatrix/1zzfesxr.php

See how it has the long runners.
    For our cars, the PPE header is suppose to make 9 - 11 whp which according to the Celica, Spyder, and 9th generation 1zzfe guys give the best gains. BUT the cost of such a header is $500 + $37 shipping. And no one has tried it on a 8th generation Corolla so there is a good chance that this header will not clear the frame.

So I'm thinking that with this header costing $100 shipped, I've still have enough money left to plug the bad position O2 bung/retap new O2 bung, get new flexpipe installed on it if I have to, and still have money left to dyno before/after runs compared to the PPE header. Granted the runners are not as long compared to the PPE and will probably not gain as much power, I am thinking these headers are a good bang for the buck.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    The longer header has been tried on an 8th gen already. Like the PPE, it also has problems clearing the firewall. You might have to shave a little off.