1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

8th Gen Corolla Showoff Thread 2.0

Discussion in '8th Gen' started by MacktasticSlick, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Offline

evelio seijas Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2000 corolla
    u have one of the nicest corollas I've seen just wondering how low it is and if you could point me in the right direction for springs or coilovers i have a 00 rolla on a 2" drop on springs but its just not low enough i have 17" rims so i know ill probably need to roll the fenders before i go lower
  2. Offline

jerrychoochoo I <3 Wheels

Message Count:
    Damn, that's going to cost a lot! Will look so dope though.
    Shoot, I'd choose a house over a car any day lol. Nice dude, do you have a sound clip?
    Thanks brotha, not really sure how low it is. I'm on D2 coilovers and they're pretty much maxed out. Never really measured my height. If you're looking for a really nice drop I would definitely suggest coils. You can find a nice set on eBay. D2, Ksports, and there's a no name brand as well. I'm on 16's and I did have to roll my fenders with a slight pull. It isn't necessary unless you're going to run wheels that are wider than 8 inches with a low offset. If you have any more questions feel free to ask!
  3. Offline

1nicetrd Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Wheel flip gave me a quote for new lips, 189/EA. Just dont know if a 1 inch lip would be much or a 2 inch
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    What's the specs right now? Go with a 2 inch lip. My ccw's were 2.5 inch all around.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    16x7 +32 i think i will push me into the negative's
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

My headliner was falling apart so I decided to re-wrap it. Came out OK. A few wrinkles here and there, plus the glue kind of seeped through in some areas. I'll probably end up redoing it with a different fabric. Also had the time to vacuum and wipe down my interior. Just ordered a black window switch, and all black climate control. Super excited!

You can pull off 16x8 with negative offsets. The inner barrel might rub the coilovers though, but nothing spacers can't fit.
    1nicetrd likes this.
  7. Offline

MattH Country Boy Problems

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    I don't have a sound clip, but it was loud. Sounded good.. Like a drag car. In cab drone was horrible. I talked to Mack, and if I added a bigger resonator to the muffler delete setup, it would probably be a lot better. I put the stock exhaust back on. I cut open the stock muffler and cut the flapper valve out of the baffles and wrapped the inlet pipe with an exhaust clamp. It had tiny holes to let exhaust gas/pressure escape in chamber #1 instead of just pushing its way through the muffler. All in all, big waste of time. Still sounds stock. I was hoping for a deep idle tone and possibly a low sporty sound. Should have cut some of the baffles out. Can anyone suggest a universal muffler that is NOT extremely loud with no in cab drone? And something I can use with a OE or Walker muffler strap/hanger.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Apparently this double posted. I've had trouble lately posting to the board. Mods can delete the first post w/out pic.

I don't have a sound clip, but it was loud. Sounded good.. Like a drag car. In cab drone was horrible. I talked to Mack, and if I added a bigger resonator to the muffler delete setup, it would probably be a lot better. I put the stock exhaust back on. I cut open the stock muffler and cut the flapper valve out of the baffles and wrapped the inlet pipe with an exhaust clamp. It had tiny holes to let exhaust gas/pressure escape in chamber #1 instead of just pushing its way through the muffler. All in all, big waste of time. Still sounds stock. I was hoping for a deep idle tone and possibly a low sporty sound. Should have cut some of the baffles out. Can anyone suggest a universal muffler that is NOT extremely loud with no in cab drone? And something I can use with a OE or Walker muffler strap/hanger.

Here is a picture of the delete pipe:
    [IMG]
    jerrychoochoo likes this.
  9. Offline

jdmgen8 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    I would suggest the flat black vibrant streetpower muffler or megan m-oe muffler both have a great low tone, no raspiness and don't look ricey.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=360667824730
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191484608025
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    Did you make that delete pipe or buy it with the flange already welded on?
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Bought it. It actually worked out well, with the stock flange being at an angle.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Holy double post.

Bought it. It actually worked out well, with the stock flange being at an angle. I figured I would have to cut the flange and weld it where I needed it.
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    Sweet where did you buy it?
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Napa. It's a walker item. Part #41785. Do you have the Megan Racing muffler?
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    Ok thanks I'll have to pick that up till I get my custom exhaust made, pretty sweet find. What did you use to hold you exhaust up? I tried a big hose clamp but it eventually broke.
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    I used a piece of steel braided cable and a u-bolt clamp. I just wrapped it around the frame and under the exhaust. I'm sure this would eventually break as well. You can see it in the pic I posted.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    Oh ok I see now lol I was surprised the hose clamp didn't hold up it was pretty big.
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Probably won't work. The pipe that bolts to the muffler turns towards the right rear wheel right where the muffler bolts up and there is about a foot of clearance. You would definately need a 90 degree elbow. The pipe you posted would be headed straight for the wheel.
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    I mean if they are short enough they should work but no way to tell.
  22. Offline

evelio seijas Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2000 corolla
    no prob and thanks for the help man ill deff be looking into getting coilovers soon
  23. Offline

overdosevtec Active Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1999 Chevy Prizm
    Okay well I'm just about ready to overhaul the exhaust system because I'm tired of trying to find the cause of what seems to me like a leak somewhere. Do you guys which components go bad more than others? I also want to go 2.25 or 2.5 piping all the way through
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    Have you replaced any of the exhaust gaskets. The most common thing I've found is the connection between the header and catalytic converter can work it's way loose so every now and then I've gotta get under the car and tighten it back up. That has caused a cel for an o2 sensor before but I just tightened it up, disconnected the battery and no more cel.
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1999 Chevy Prizm
    No I have not changed the gaskets but will do so and look at that section as well thank you
  26. Offline

Message Count:
    its pretty cheap to change them all including the manifold gasket
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    Yeah when I changed the doughnut gasket between the header and catalytic converter, the old one literally came out in pieces so mite wanna try that.
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    When I put my exhaust back together, I had a hell of a time with gaskets, mainly because the parts store gave me thre wrong gaskets. I still have a slight leak where the down pipe meets the CAT. There was no gasket there when I took it apart, but I figured Id would put one on when I put it back together. It was way to tight.. Probably got the wrong gasket for that too. It's supposed to flex right there when the motor torques and it did not. I didn't want my manifold snappin off the motor, so I just left the gasket off. Luckily I don't live in a county that requires emissions.
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2002 Toyota Corolla CE
    I also had the same problem when ordering exhaust gaskets. I went to autozone and ordered all new gaskets for my 2002, they ended up giving me gaskets for a 2003. They didn't seem to understand that a 02 and 03 are completely different cars. Come to think of it that happens every time I order a part for my car through an auto parts store.
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1999 Chevy Prizm
    Thanks for the suggestions and I will make sure to get all the right gaskets for the car hopefully solves the problem