1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

8th Gen (98-02) Showoff

Discussion in '8th Gen' started by Shifty, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    LOLLZZZ it fits my compy screen just fine :)
  2. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Ok well now I looked and there are three pictures, and the first one is smaller as well. It's big, but not as much. I had to scroll sideways the first time.
  3. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    thats my house lol
  4. Offline

ExDream Member

Message Count:
    corollagt you should hit up the diy grill! would look more awesome , just my thought.
  5. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Isn't this supposed to be a pictures only thread.
  6. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    hahahha yeah my bad.lol i was trying to get them to fit but i had to re size it. now it should fit everyones computer. :)
    what do you think BTW?

sure!! im down! i dont like mine anyways :) how do you do it?
  7. Offline

ExDream Member

Message Count:
    im pretty sure you can just cut yours out, its not as big as the 8.5 gen bumpers so you'll have the stability, just get that mesh lighting cover from home depot, runs for about 11 bucks? and u can dremel the shape out or cut it, drill some holes and zip tie it. refer to rainbow stars DIY, you wont need the bondo part so easy for u.
  8. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    THE REAR LIP IS BACKKK
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    the only bad thing is this....
    [IMG]

can you find the link to it? :D hahaha
  9. Offline

ExDream Member

Message Count:
  10. Offline

JDMjody VVTLi > VTEC

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    04 Celica GTS
    lol..nice DIY window tint!!
  11. Offline

ExDream Member

Message Count:
    illesttt

just do the whole lip , 3m tape, big washers and screws. if i had your lip i so would!
  12. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    lmao thank you... i think... and i got my car with the window tint. some mexican did it sooo yeahhh.. im not toooo worried about the quality.lol

and i already have a front lip thank you :)
  13. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    man... i'm sorry to say this CorollaGT but damn buy a real body kit... thats low baller status right there.
  14. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    coming from someone that "plastic welded" half of the 8.5 gen bumper to a 8th gen...... ya real classy. PWN'd

i do take pride in only spending 40 bucks on all my trims put together. but if you woulda looked at other threads not only is there like NO ONE thats selling valences and shit but im actually trying to buy the only ones that are for sale... thank you for ruining my self esteem and all my hard work..
  15. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    1985 Maxima Blue RIP, 2000 Corolla White SOLD, 1993 300zx Conv. Pearl White DD, 2004 350z Roadster Pearl White DD
    hahaha wow don't cry. yea i rather have a 8.5 plastic welded bumper then having nuts and bolt visibly showed screwed on a cheap piece of plastic with the word illest on it (not). i'll pass on the uneven honda accord rear lip that is does not fit nor does it aline.

oh... don't get me started on the mud flaps...

*pats CorollaGT on the back, there, there don't cry.
  16. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    i like that half 8.0/8.5 bumper, def. unique. are you the only one that has done it or have others done this as well?
  17. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    no i'm am not the only nor the first to do a 8.0/8.5 bumper. back in the ye olde days on VVT-i.net there was a guys that did it first and that inspired me to copy him and call it my own. (damn, should've save that picture)

quite simple but labor intensive and time consuming. yes

the key to making it look nice is the Fogs.
  18. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    fogs...thats what i need. as soon as my LED bulbs burn out in the crappy ones i got, Im getting some OEM foglights. going to have to black them out though.
  19. Offline

roachrolla Hipster

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    02 Toyota Corolla
    Im not going to cover them with black tint or anything, I just want to paint the inside of the housing black so they look like my headlights.
  20. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    LMAO......... good one..... (not)

and could you for one second imagine that i made it look that way because i WANTED my lip to look that way.... :rule:

and trust me.. im not about to cry because some fag decided to rag on my car cuz hes all butt hurt that my car looks better than his.. once again PWN'd

and i put the accord lip on for shits and giggles my friend... some one (on this forum) said it looked good so i found another one and slapped it back on...

and to get you started on the mud flaps.. they were on hummers highly praised car untill he got his valences. which they were also told that they looked good so there.. im pretty sure there is a double PWN'd in there some where. ill just let you look for it :D

but im not interested in continuing this convo. all i have to say is that my car is a work in progress. who the fuck said i was done with it or that im sticking to any of the body parts i found at junk yards... im just doing what i can with i have...
  21. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    your gonna have to bake them if you want to black them out. thats to much of a hassle for me so i tinted them.

------------------

CorollaGT just shut up man. your stupid and annoying. everyone here knows what you put on your car is a piece of shit and a waste of time. just sell it to the junkyard and buy yourself a bicycle.
  22. Offline

SK149 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Nice I like that could you take a pics of your front I'd like to see it better
  23. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    hahahahah and everyone here is a lot of people. regardless, IDGAF im here to learn not to talk shit..

i would have agreed with you if you wouldnt have been so rude and attacked my car like it did something to you. you know, you just dont diss someones car. thats fucked up. EVERY ONE here knows that..

psh. naw im good i like my 2002 V6 Honda Accord... im hittin vtech yo.... :D
  24. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    self esteem comes from you, not the praise of others. if you need to be accepted by other people to have "self" esteem, than you more problems besides the car.
  25. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    wow this is talking shit... this is opinion

you are the sarcastic one. i'm just retaliating
  26. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    well if you wanna go into that; self esteem comes from us deciphering what others think of you. so you it comes from yourself, but if you get talked shit about your whole life thats what you are most likely gonna think about yourself. i mean you can chose to believe it or not but if someone tells you that you are a worthless pile of horse shit your whole life, then what else are you gonna think?

BUT yes i agree i took it too far with the self esteem... my self esteem is fine honestly. it kinda sucks to have your hard work talked shit about cuz i know he wasnt criticizing. im pretty sure you know what that would feel like.
    regardless i like the work ive done on my car so i really couldnt care less what he thinks. im just standing up for myself cuz my mommy isnt gonna do it for me.

and people have different opinions on what talking shit is..
    dude honestly i like your car. i dont have beef with you, just dont diss my car. once again i do what i can with what i got.. you dont know my life. maybe thats all i can afford at the moment.. or maybe thats just what i like..? it different to say (damn get a real body kit) than saying "have you ever considered a body kit??"
  27. Offline

Phan Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    hahahahaha i like that! :thumb:

well... then i apologize for lowering your self esteem unintentionally. that is only my opinion nothing more.
  28. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    WELL in that case i fucking some neeeeeed OEM side skirts and some rear valences!!!!!!!!! cuz im pretty sick of having to fix my junkyard shit all the time.. hahahahaha

dude.. i swear i went to a toyota dealership a couple of months ago and it was 350 to get a pair of OEM side skirts and god knows i cant afford that.lol

do you know anyone selling any?

but i still like my home depot lip.. idk what it is about it. i just like it.. :)

i apologize as well. like i said i like your car. also would it be possible to get some close up pictures cuz im considering doing that plastic welding.lmao
  29. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Soaking up all the drama here. :D I'm lovin it!
  30. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    When i shipped my strut bar i just wrapped it in cardboard and taped it. dont really need a huge long box.

[IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.