1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

2JZ Swap in a 240SX (Not a Corolla but I thought you guys would like it)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Photography' started by Dr Tweak, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    That's true. I just noticed that all the "GE" heads are phased out. That SUCKS! Hence why I won't buy Toyota anymore. I want a Subaru!
  2. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I've wanted to go the turbo route for the longest time; registered @ homemadeturbo.com 5yrs ago, learned to read flow maps, mig and tig weld, met machinists who would custom build me a manifold, did extensive research of the Australian market Toyota/Tom's 7AFTE, etc, etc.. But after some serious thinking I decided against it. Speaking primarily for my platform and usage. True if I am looking for high HP numbers and low ET's on the 1320 a built low comp motor with a big turbo is the way to go. But I'm not at all interested in the 1/4 mile, I'm looking to hit and exceed 1 lateral G on the skid pad and eat slaloms for brunch (I don’t wake up early enough for breakfast).. to do this I'm looking for balance.. A FWD car like mines is naturally front heavy (~59/41weight distribution). Firstly a turbo "kit" (turbo, FMIC, charge pipes) would add ~70lbs. to the front end. Secondly any high horsepower FWD car would suffer from torque steer so 200WHP with a proper LSD is just about right. I don’t want to say much about turbolag as I know a quick spooling BB turbo would just about negate it but even then there is no way it can compare to the throttle response from a port and polished 5valve with ITBs. Many would say a FWD car is severely handicapped but as long as I can hang with the built B18c5 honda next to me on infineon, that's enough to put a smile on my face.
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    You explained the thoughts I didn't even know I had. I agree totally. There's no need to such high power in a FWD disproportion weighted car. A good suspension would be more important over power in this case. Another car with a better platform, such as even weight distribution and AWD/RWD would be a better for high horsepower numbers. There's just no solution for FWD. You can only go so far before you hit a wall.
  4. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    here is a video of ~5psi at partial throttle (found out the dist. gear on the cam was broken and it threw the timing off so i couldnt floor it) bone stock 4age vs. an open itb blacktop. throttle response and SOUND are two very different things. try lighter wheels, a small turbo, light flywheel, etc.
    [IMG]

you really have to drive these things before you can create an educated opinion.
  5. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I will be honest and say no I have not driven a car with a blacktop nor a a car with a turbo 4AG but I have driven and withness dyno runs of NA honda B series with TWM and Toda ITB's as well as boosted hondas. The instaneous gain in low end torque with ITB's (compared to stock on a dyno) is enough to convince me and I would like to believe Formula cars utalize ITB's for a reason. I do run light weight wheels (15" 10lbs/piece) and am planning on getting a 9lb chromemoly flywheel in the future. I may be wrong but I honestly believe a built NA motor is the way to go for me.
  6. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

Yeah, I hear ya about being different. I want to take my 350z on the N/A'ed route (supposedly they sound wicked with an N/A build). But there is no such thing as a 600whp N/A'ed 350z. And 600whp is my goal, so I have to go boost. Unlike the tC's 2az, the VQ has the Aftermarket support for High compression pistons and increasing rev limits and what not. For the 2az, all aftermarket support is that in favor of boosting it.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Well, for my Corolla I'm going to stay N/A to be unique. For my coming WRX, I'm going with the flow with forced induction. hehe
  8. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

I was thinking about you guys the other day when I saw this....

Nitto Tires Scion tC (built by Jotech Motorsports)

Interesting thing is, It's still on a Stock crank

739whp 598ftlbs - 2AZ

http://www.nittotire.com/#index.microsite.scion_tc
  9. Offline

jdmikey New Member

Message Count:
    that's a nice [IMG] :)