1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

2005 Corolla XRS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jeprox, May 5, 2004.

1. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    since the new corolla xrs have better steering, who knows, maybe its suppose to compete w/ the Mazda3s. but the Mazda3 is only 160hp but has torque. i'd pick the xrs over mazda3s. same thing for the 98-02 corollas. its a cool swap but the steering rack. thats why i wanna test drive the xrs to see if there's really a difference in steering.
  2. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    Spamming is soooooo overrated
  3. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    the tranny doesn't line up properly, u'd hafta get the tranny/engine from teh XRS.

as for corolla altis, the XRS actually does have torque! tehy changed teh powerband to have some usable mid-range torque, just like tehy did for teh elise.
  4. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    and someone else said earlier that tehy don't believe tehy're out yet....i coulda sworn teh due date was May 1st 04.
  5. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    it comes out may 1st but for some reason, doesn't hit the dealers till the 15th...at least for san jose area.

and yah xrs does have torque, just not as much as a mazda3. haha cuz thats a 2.3 and xrs is only 1.8
  6. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    that is going to be impressive. hopefully people will buy them.
  7. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
    the tC only has about 147hp...
    we'll see how much both actually relate to whp
  8. Offline

DarkenedSuperman Guest

Message Count:
    tC comes out in June 04 (Can't wait) with it's 160hp 2.4l. but It does have about 160l/b of torque around 4,000rpm, that's equivalent to my friends S2K at a lower rpm, which is why Toyota used that engine. A friend of mine has a 01-02 Celica GTS and the power seems to be high up in the rpm(which is fun, but can sometimes cost u) the Supercharger bumps it up to about 200hp. And options wise, Almost everything I've seen is standard. Few cars can match that for the $16-17 sticker they're claiming. Im already planning on converting it to RWD (let's play in the canyons ANY DAY!!!) as for the XRS.. I smiled the day I saw it in a magazine.. about Goddamn time! Read in "Sport Compact car" that the tC is the only Non Lexus toyota in the Us that has Double wishbone Rear Suspension... Im telling you! It's gonna be a mean lil Sucker. With the Matrix XRS, Celica GT-S, and now the Corolla XRS the tC is coming out right when we needed it!
  9. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    well we can be excited but we have to see if toyota has actually made it worth the wait
  10. Offline

DarkenedSuperman Guest

Message Count:
    I never said it would be fun or even easy. If it was gonna be easy I wouldn't have considered it. Civic's are "easy" to hook up in the sense that there are more than enough aftermarket parts company. But I know your right Im gonna be pulling my hair out!!! Will it be worth the headaches? Only time will tell
  11. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    Have fun with the RWD conversion.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Honestly I don't think i'd be worth it. I think for the money you spend on converting it RWD, you could get something better.
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    to much money and time
  14. Offline

DarkenedSuperman Guest

Message Count:
    TRUE, TRUE, TRUE, and MORE TRUTH!!!!

Damn you guys are right! but don't blame me! Blame toyota for not making that sucker RWD to begin with (A guy can only dream). Blame them for not sending us the previous Generation GT-four. And for not making them anymore! Still I wanted a project that would stand out, I could just buy another car... What to do, what to do?

Note: Not to long ago I saw an old school Bug with a WRX engine in it. I didn't see it in a magazine, I saw it at the shop as my friend was getting his car worked on! the guy had Porsche Brakes, wheels, Mini Cooper lights up front. (looks way better than it sounds)... So since my mind is always on day dream mode, I asked the shop owners if they would drop a Skooby engine in a second gen MR2.. his reply "Why not?" why you ask, well I don't necessarily trust a JDM 3S-GT, cuz who knows where it's been. So with a Skooby engine I'd be safely pushing the stock 227hp (with that nice sound, and those son's of bitches are torquey Mutha****) ---"Your Crazy DarkenedSuperman!!!!"---- I know, but you won't see it coming!
  15. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    not hating, but i'm just gonna say "i'll believe it when i see it"
  16. Offline

matadorCE Guest

Message Count:

wft??? why would you want to take out the 3SGT from a MR2?? "who knows where it's been"?? I think the same thing can be said about the EJ engine in most WRXs lol
  17. Offline

Geese Guest

Message Count:
    Xrs-tC

tC
    Horsepower 160 hp @ 5,700 rpm
    Torque 163 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm
    Compression ratio 9.6:1
    Displacement 2.4 liters
    Bore x stroke 88.5mm X 96mm
    Curb Weight (lbs.) 2,905/2,970 (manual/automatic)
    XRS
    170 hp @ 7,600 rpm;
    127 lb.-ft. @ 4,400 rpm
    8.0 sec 0-60
    Curb weight 2500-2,800 lbs (most say its 2590 lbs )
    XRS does come with a 6-speed while tC is 5. I couldnt find a specific wieght. coudnlt find Compersion ratio or borexstroke
  18. Offline

Message Count:
    3S-GTE engines from Jarco have been known to be good. It'll be much easier and cheaper to drop in a 3S-GTE than a EJ engine.
  19. Offline

DarkenedSuperman Guest

Message Count:
    Geezzzzz leave it to People to judge of the bat!!! Keep it coming It's all good!!!
    ILL BELIEVE WHEN I SEE IT!!! Never made any promises!!! (y didn't u get stick? ur missing out!)
    Y? Y ask Y? Y
    MatadorCE:
    "wft??? why would you want to take out the 3SGT from a MR2?? "who knows where it's been"?? I think the same thing can be said about the EJ engine in most WRXs lol"

First off I'd probably buy a non turbo, so I wouldn't be taking the 3SGTE out, and I'd been planning to drop a JDM 3SGTE (probably buy a clip) I just don't feel comfortable buying a used engine from Japan that "Might" have been beat to death (strong might) As for the EJ, my friend wrecked his Skooby withing 3days of buying it! (yes I know.. he's a MORON!!!! the engine was fine though) I should of jacked his ass! But the shop that works on WRX's near my house holds a few records(ESX motoring), and they pull out a grip of new WRX engines for older dudes or younger dudes with money who wanna drop the STi Engine right off the bat (DONT ASK ME WHY, people like that exist) so I could get it cheap! All shit aside!!! come on people, since when is it wrong to think outside the box, and wanna do something different! Chill for a bit! I aint hating on the 3SGTE in any shape way or form, it's just a new WRX engine would be more reliable, and not as expensive to get 300+ HP out of. My friend(same Moron friend, he know has a wagon) dropped about $1500-2200 into his WRX, and it's pretty fucken quick! So im not disagreeing with what you all are saying but please, I aint gonna sit here and take negative comments, just because some one always wants to put different ideas down. That shit just aint kew!
    Bladder master, thanx I'll keep that!!!
  20. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    did i ever say u promised anything?

it's just after years of being on here, and on C3, i think i've seen a whopping one corolla with a 3sgte swap, and that was by toysport. Now i know u're not saying that u wanna drop a 3sgte in a corolla, but taht's much more straight-forward, and yet that's rarely attempted. Now when some newb (no offense, but u are) comes on the boards and talks like this, i have a tendency to not believe it. haha, can anyone say zexprizm? lol

as for why i didn't get stick....first off, this thread has nothing to do with that, so quit trying to change the subject. but, i got an auto because my parents were buying the car for me and said i had to have an automatic car, it had to have a backseat, etc. If i were gonna get something in stick, i wouldn't have gotten a base RSX, or probably an RSX at all, i probably would have gotten a celi GTS, but this thread isn't about me, it's about the XRS.
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Although not a 3S-GTE but very similar to it, there was someone who dropped in a 5S-GTE (5S-FE block with 3S-GTE head) into their Corolla. I still have videos of it. Sadly, it was totalled by a SUV. Grr..
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    Oh yes, I remember the crazy dealer markups on the Evo. The RX-8 had it too but it quickly went non-existent when Mazda lowered the advertised HP.
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    If you're gonna go buy a tC, don't be surprised if the dealer adds markup if the demand is high.
  24. Offline

DarkenedSuperman Guest

Message Count:
    Ur right! i am a newb, and yes Im sure u've heard people like me talk before, thats y I said Even "I" will believe when i see it, due to the $$$ issue! And about ur car, I wasn't hating! If ur folks bought u a car, more power 2 u! I have a couple of friends who's parents bought them cars based on what they though was safe, or whatever car they wanted. Im just lucky that when i was younger my parents asked me what i wanted! And now they respect my choices regardless. My dad even left work early to co-sign for my younger bro when he got his 04 yamaha R6.(Wasn't getting off the subject, just curious to see what u would say) So back o the XRS, I wanna go test drive it whe it comes out (i know they won't let me beat the Tar out of it! but i can try....) I just hope they don't try to bump up the price like some nissan dealers did with the Sentra R. I wanna test drive both the XRS, and the tC. But I'd probably buy the tC... it's a new car (not the best performer) but the standard equipment is pretty sweet! And buying a scion is a bit easier (a bit) due to the fact that they wanna make buying one hassle free (<- - - buying a car is Hardly ever Hassle free).... the test drives could will make my final desicion!!!
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    i agree man test drives make the sale
  26. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    nah, scion is supposed to be like saturn, u pay the msrp, nothing less, nothing more.
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    I know, but who knows if some dealers want to be sneaky and add that.
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    they cant the prices are already set
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    Alright, we'll find out on June 4th.
  30. Offline

DarkenedSuperman Guest

Message Count:
    Dealer mark up:
    Im not saying it's not gonna happen when it could, dealers will try to sell people on anything the buyer will allow. But Screw that!!!! If there is a mark up Price, I'll tell them to kiss my ass and walk out! I once saw an Evo VII at a local mitsu dealer with dealer mark up tag that said $10'G's. I was like "Bastards!!!" but hey they get away with it. It just sucks for those of us who can barely get a car at MSRP! but the Demand for the Xa & Xb has been pretty high in southern cali, and they haven't bump up the price. Let's hope the pattern continues, otherwise that Corolla XRS could get a mark up as well!! BASTARDS!!!!