1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

2001 corolla got hit!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MstwntdFlip, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Offline

MstwntdFlip Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    2001 corolla got hit!

i will upload the pictures tomorrow, cause its 1 in the morning right now, and i just had recently found out that my corolla has been hit in the front, the hood is wrecked and the front grill is also wrecked.
    The guy left his number in the windshield and we had a talk and gave me his insurance # and his name, and the police station was closed so i have to go tomorrow morning.
    This is my first time dealing with any accidents.
    are these the steps i should follow.
    1. call the guy get his name insurance number ( obviously )
    2. Fill up a report to the police
    3. go to the body shop and ask for an estimate, and call the guy again and tell him thats how much he has to pay?

as for the insurance thing, would i be able to get some aftermarket parts lets say a cf hood? and since he literally broke the grill which is attached to the bumper that has to be replaced to, and more things.
    The car runs, its just the horn is messed, i wasnt able to open the hood the latch is broken so i dont know if there is any other damage.
    but seriously the last time i saw when i parked behind his truck, there was no one in front of him.upon seeing my car there was still no car to be found, why did he have to back up. man bet the guy was drunk
  2. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    no, if it's insurance, depends how is the process (understand this as, you fix it they pay, or, they take over), they will require require OEM STYLE or OEM parts
  3. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    call YOUR insurance, tell them your car was hit, provide the other guy's information, and let your insurer do what you pay them to do.
  4. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    its probably too late to file a police report....youre supposed to do that when your car is still at the scene...
  5. Offline

JDMjody VVTLi > VTEC

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    04 Celica GTS
    +1 your insurance will take care of it. thats what its for. :)

my fender bender few years ago was est 3grand /=
    did crappy ass job. >=(
  6. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Dude, just be happy he left his number and didnt hit and run.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    yeah i know, at least he left his number oh yeah i got to file a report and awaiting to see what happens next. already called my insurance and such
  8. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW

ahahahh when you type, "konig tune" in google images your car is like the second picture lol.
  9. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    its possible to get aftermarket parts just talk to your bodyshop and they will order the parts themselves,i did that with my car before and other friends i knew.
  10. Offline

CorollaGT Low & Slow

Message Count:
    ahhh shouldnt have gotten your insurance involved but to each their own
  11. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    who has what insurance companies that were involved?

- get a police report and call your insurance. after calling your insurance, you can contact the other individual's insurance to get the ball rolling faster.

- once that happens you will be contacted to either drive your car (if drivable) or have your car towed to a body shop which will probably be part of the other individuals network. if you have a shop in mind, then have it taken there if it has to be towed. the adjuster needs to come out and write an estimate for the cost of repairs.

- if the other insurance is taking too long, you can go through your insurance and pay your deductible and then once it's all settled you will get reimbursed.

it's not to late to file a police report. car doesn't need to be at the scene to file as some local agencies may not even make the drive. it could vary by state, but i know it's like that for california and nevada. i had a hit and run and had to drive my car to the local command center.

if the accident is not his fault, then you should definitely get insurance involved since it will have no effect on his insurance or driving record.
  12. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    he already said he called his own.
  13. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    pictures, I wanna see the carnage
  14. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    when i got hit a few years ago, i filed an insurance claim. the insurance agency denied my claim because I didn't have a valid police report from within 6 hours of the accident, the guy who rammed me paid out of pocket for the repairs though, I think he was probably high or a known drug user so he didn't want to get the cops or insurance involved or something (this was in Hawaii). Thats just based on what i've experienced, that if you don't get it done asafp you're pretty much screwed. I don't even know what its like in colorado, the only accident ive ever been in was when my gf tried to do an illegal u-turn into on coming traffic and then tried to say it was the other guys fault for not stopping for her -_-
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    I actually find that really funny,

well updates: i am able to drive my car, but i really look like a bad driver since i got the damages in the front, it makes me look like i hit the person.
    i took the car to the shop and ESTIMATE cost of fix is 5378$
    i looked at the list they are replacing. For some reason my headlights were in there and i find no damage. but if i get new headlights might as well and more things were added that i didnt believe needed replacing. IN addition to that we werent able to open the hood since the latch is broken so the rates could go higher. I kinda feel bad for the guy.

i checked around local online places which sells cars, and my corolla with 144 xxx km is worth 5gs or less isnt my car CONSIDERED totaled, and what is the law or precautions if my car is considered totaled. how much money will get for a new car?
  16. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW

If the damage exceeds the value of your car, then yes its totaled. Go to KBB.com and check the value of your car.
  17. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    thats what my insurance told me when my car was totaled but i still got a phat check.
  18. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    That's because your car was totaled, noob