1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

09 Corolla Sport, Swirls in Paint

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by |-Goku-|, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    09 Corolla Sport, Swirls in Paint

Hey guys...and girls, hope everyones doing well. I just would like to get some opinions on this issue.

I recently purchased an 09 Corolla Sport back in March. I always wash the car with a mit that was purchased at an Autostore, really high quality, nothing that would be considered a cheap one. I never goto those car washes that use brushes on the car. I noticed that my cars paint has swirls in it, from the hood to the trunk and everywhere in between. I took it into the dealership today to have them look at it, and the service manager said that it was not warrantable, and that they would have to have there rep look at it next week. I also want to point out the fact that they would always wash my car when I had it at the dealership, I had to take it in several times for rattles in the dash, and I looked in the back and saw that they run it through a carwash that uses those bristles that spin and clean your car. And since then I told them they didn't need to wash my car, because i didn't want the paint ruined.

Should I keep pursuing this issue, should it be something that the dealership needs to take care of?

Thanks, in advance!

|-Goku-|
  2. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    i would keep on bugging them til they do something,btw any pics on the car?
  3. Offline

zcorolla New Member

Message Count:
    any compound would take out the swirls....as for the rattle, complain about that!
  4. Offline

ShallowPockets New Member

Message Count:
    Hell man, every dealer installs swirls if you let them wash your car! The one time mine went in as customer pay, I told them they wouldn't get a damned dime if that car came back washed. It didn't. Take the car to a reputable detailer and spend the money to have it corrected....the dealer won't own up to anything.

As for washmitts, use at least 2, if not 3 real lambswool mitts. NOT the fake polyester stuff. Walmart sells good ones for about 6 bucks a piece, just feel each and find the softest. Use one for the top half, one for the rocker panels, and one for the wheels. Also, you want to change your soap/rinse buckets several times while washing and always wash the wheels last.