1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

07 Wrx Sti?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vibe, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    hahah you know? I so agree with you.

My personal pick: Black with gold wheels. :) mmm mmm mmm...

Its a Scoob thing.

Dude Get a Subaru. WRX has been around for a while too, not just in America so no real arguement there. lol

Also, and I cannot remember where but I PROMISE I have a mag article about this, Mitsubishi is still the only japanese car manufacturer to NOT post a profit in the last some years. They went through a few CEOs also. (I will look for the article but not makin it up) To me that makes me slightly nervous.

I have also heard of horror stories of Mitsu dealerships actively looking around at SCCA websites to void people's warrenty for AutoXing etc. May totally be a rumor, but it had to start from somewhere, and I have not heard that from Subaru at ALL...

Just food for thought. May be total BS, but does not set well with this consumer.

Also, yes Subaru has AWD in a ton of vehicles, making me feel better regarding their R&D. The flat four sounds wonderful to me, and they have a more rough, "bulldog" look to em, epscially in the 04-05 years. I feel you on that one. Personally however, I would (if I was only buying a wrx) put up with the look of an 06-07 for the 2.5L, already in the STi. ;) But you are looking at the STi so disregard that statement all together. lol

I have driven an 03,04 wrx and an 05 STi, and an 04 EVO and I have to tell you, I just like the Subarus bettter. Theit steering and pedal placement for my body is just incredible, really. Son't get me wrong the EVO was nice, but the guage placement did nothing for me, and I love the position of the WRX shifter.

(can you tell I am biased?) :)
  2. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    mitsu dealerships don't do just that, but they also sent people TO THE TRACKS to get info on users who were racing their cars.

on the other hand, there's a subaru dealership in MD which happens to be entirely mod friendly. they have a full line of Cobb parts, as well as plenty of others.
  3. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    You wouldn't be able to get much info about owners and cars on SCCA websites unless somebody has a really unique name. And that is odd because Mitsubishi USA gave my buddy's shop a Evolution to modify and race. It's currently in the GT Live Time Attack series. Sometime I wonder if these stories are true.
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    i think it's a tad different if Mitsu GIVES a car to a shop with the intention of seeing it raced. this hit every forum and a few newscasts, if i recall, because they weren't going to warranty anything on a consumer-owned, dealership-bought, track-driven car.
  5. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    actually......i might just keep waiting....i hear the skyline is going to be AWD
  6. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Yeah, all Skylines have been, are, and will be AWD. It has one of the most advanced AWD systems on the market. The Skyline is also going to be priced around 50-60k not to mention markup. So expect around 70-80k. I don't think many will be able to afford that. It's supposed to make around 450 hp which is definitely achievable in a WRX or Evo so what looks more appealing now? hehe BTW the new Lancer is out too...
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    wrong! only the GT-R is AWD...i know the GTS-T is RWD, and i know others are RWD as well.

and uh, where did you hear 50-60K for the MSRP? i'd heard 70k...
  8. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:

yeah i know but the gt-r is going to look much better lol. i'm just gonna have to wait longer and i'm sure my corolla can handle the wait.
  9. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    rant

The "Skyline GT-R/GTS-T" is dead.
    The Skyline is now the JDM G35.
    The "Skyline" in the US is called the GT-R (the new supercar everyone is drooling over).

/rant
  10. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Oops my bad. I forgot to say that it applies to GT-Rs only. hehe Damn 70k? I'm not surprised. I think they estimated it at 50-60k and then moved the price up. So add another 10k in markup and you'll have a ballpark 80k. damn damn damn
    That is true. I wouldn't want one even if I had the money to buy one. It's overrated. Everything is GT-R labeled these days. This past week, I saw a G35 sedan badged as a Skyline. LOL I had a good laugh and sped away.