1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

07 Wrx Sti?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vibe, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    EVO still wins. :)
  2. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    correction.....Evo X > Evo IX > WRX Sti.......................................imo.....
  3. Offline

igorien2k New Member

Message Count:
    if youre going to mod it get the STi over the legacy just cuz a friend of mine has a legacy GT and he says the gearbox is not as built among other things that make the GT worse for modding. everyday he curses himself because he didnt buy the STi. mitsubishis just have sucky fasteners and electronics. I would know cuz i owned one and with 45k and 4 years old it was all rusty and bolts kept on snapping all over the place and fuses kept blowing at the car was stock. the motor ran great tho.
  4. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I'm sticking with the WRX. I've always wanted a boxer turbo 4.
  5. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    i like the look of the evo better.. i think that matters a lot in a car-buying decision. as for the sound of the boxer engine.....man... so torn.
  6. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    the Subie is better overall and cost less to repair if ever needed. Even Mitsu's that were not pushed daily still had problems and the new engine has yet to prove itself in the real world. where as Subies even though new has a better "base roots design and reliability" than the mitsu's
  7. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    i thought subies weighed more, was slower in 0-60, 1/4, longer to brake, etc?
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I decided on the subie after doing a lot of research on the reliability issue. And as for styling, I'm getting the 04-05 WRX design. I'm not too fond of the previous or the newest design. And I know this may be biased but when I compare Mitsu to Subaru, Subaru seems a bit more luxurious. This is comparing the product lines. And plus almost all of Subaru vehicles are AWD. Its been perfected through so many years that I know I can trust them.
  9. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]

wow....
  10. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Yea the newer model sti's look kinda funny up front with that new grill and headlight setup...but maybe thats just me....the gen before is the best lookin one...
  11. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ^^ thats just a photoshopped version of the Cusco GT300 impreza.
  12. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    most of the problems that happen with sti's and evo's are from people not knowing about the car and not doing mods right. when you mod those two cars you need to get the proper map for the car to run right. you can't just throw mods on those cars and be done with it. before you actually decide, check the forums and ask about the dealerships in your area. some mitsu dealers won't service evo's or do warranty work for just a blow off valve. some subaru dealers are the same way, so i think that should be your biggest thought in all of this. rollatuner110 mentioned luxury, but being a subaru owner i definately think the evo has a nicer interior.
  13. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    i'd probably throw on all the perf. mods when i order it from the factory and just keep it that way until warranty expires.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Well its all preference. I just love the rumble sound of the boxer engine. hehe And I mean look at this. How can you say no to this:
    [IMG]
    The morette lights make it look a bit like an R34. Don't you think?
  15. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    u know what...go for the evo.
    i personally think it's a bad ass car..
  16. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Evos don't sound anywhere near as nice as Subarus.

glad to know you prefer the Evo...go buy one if you like it that much. don't tell the guy to get what you like just because you like it. :rolleyes:
  17. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    i would if i stopped going to school for a year...cuz a pay like 20000 a year for school. but i guess that somethings are more important in life than getting an evo. i can always get one later. besides he asked for some suggestions.. i prefer teh evo..some people do as i can see...i didn't tell him that the subie is bad and not to get it... just my opinion.. :D
  18. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    Just out of curiosity, why did you contradict yourself? You say in the above quote, "don't tell the guy to get what you like just because you like it", but you said earlier in this thread, and I quote: "definitely go Subaru". Not trying to start shit, just interested in a seeming contradiction. :confused:
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    hehe either wa no one can change my mind. I'm getting a 04-05 WRX for sure. Now I just need a little more money. What do you guys think? Should I sell or trade in my corolla or keep it as a second car for gas mileage and such?
  20. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    sorry if i have been posting from work lately - thought i would be home this weekend to elaborate my reasons, turned out i wasn't, mom was in and out of the hospital all weekend. IF i get time today (isn't too likely) i'll go through my reasons (beyond "you should get it because i like it and that's that").
  21. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
  22. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    yeah they are awd but so is the evo..and the evo has been around for a while with the awd train it only came to america recently. but the subaru has a 6spd and the evos have 5 spds
  23. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    Partially correct. Both of them have 5- and 6-speeds. STI's and EVO MR's have 6-speeds, while the EVO VIII, IX, and the base model EVO (along with other WRX's) have 5-speeds.

Sorry to hear that. I'll keep ya'll in my prayers.
    I wasn't trying to sound like a dick. I was in more of a deep thinking mode because I was tired. :)
  24. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    when i get tired i get in sleep mode....i hate thinking too deeply specially when i forget stuff because than i get even more pissed off...

and i think the evo4 came with a 6speed too..but you cant get those here
  25. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    but depending on what performance mods you get installed on the car, you will want to get tuned for them. that is where you get your power from the mods. sti's and evo's are not typical cars where you just bolt on a mod and you are all set. your best bet is to just buy it stock and then buy things in stages and get tuned to those stages. you should really read up on both the evo and sti extremely well before making your decision.
  26. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    QFT.
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    The WRX comes in auto where it features the 4EAT transmission with VDT (Variable Torque Distribution) AWD system. This AWD system adjusts power to wheels depending on driving conditions, making it more technically advanced than the AWD system used in manual-equipped vehicles. The normal driving split is 45% to the front wheels and 55% to the rear wheels.
    I'm actually going to go ahead and get one when I can. After a high stall T/C and Cobb Stage II, VF30 turbo upgrade, and uppipe, it'll be pretty much 80% complete.
  28. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    imo it boils down to who has what where you live. i mean there are alot of subies left and right from where i live so ill go for evo. i dont want to ride in what everyone else rides.

on the other hand i have read alot of positive notes on modded evos that are kicking ass (excuse the language) out there in the streets. however, i think nothing compares to a subies' traction control or power distribution system or whatsoever.

just my two cents for the day.

-rj

always fun to keep it.
  29. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    wow :crazy:
  30. Offline

AE102 New Member

Message Count:
    Go with the Legacy 2.5GT.