1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

02 sensors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MstwntdFlip, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Offline

MstwntdFlip Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    02 sensors

So my my corolla has been throwing out a CEL p0172 and my car sometimes stall when im reversing and at times when im driving
    It usually happens right after i turn the car on, after 5 or 10 min of driving the problem does not occur ( sometimes at red lights ). i cleaned my MAF sensor numerous times knowing that i have an oiled filter and it does not help,

i was wondering if i get 2 universal 4 wire 02 sensors will it fit the manifold and the 02 sensor before the CAT or would i have to buy 2 totally different 02 sensors for each one.
  2. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    Don't get universal ones - stick with Denso OEM plugs - not cutting or sliping ends on it, just plug and go. Cost quite a bit more, but the amount of headaches that you will save will be worth it. The 1ZZ-FE is pretty picky about the O2 sensors you can use.

Before you start swapping out the O2 sensors, I'd try cleaning the throttlebody really well, reset the ECM, reclean the MAF and IAT sensor, and check for vacuum leaks before you start spending some cash. Could be a simple fix to you issue that isn't related to the O2 sensors at all.
  3. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Sounds glorious indeed.
  4. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Don't get Bosch whatever you do
  5. Offline