1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

['02 Corolla LE] center armrest box lid function

Discussion in 'Interior' started by dhave, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Offline

dhave New Member

Message Count:
    ['02 Corolla LE] center armrest box lid function

I just installed a used replacement center armrest/storage box lid in my "new" '02 Corolla LE. The lid of the box has a little black plastic tray that is connected to it. I'm wondering how this tray is designed to work.

Is the little tray supposed to always remain level (i.e., parallel to the floor) even when the lid is closed? Or is it supposed to be level only when the lid is open. If it stays level only when open, it will certainly dump its contents into the box.

I'm wondering if I should have sprung for a new replacement box lid rather than a use done.

Thanks very much.
  2. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    yes its supposed to remain level when closed or open
  3. Offline

dhave New Member

Message Count:
    O.K., thanks. That's what I thought. I'll order a new one and hope the guy I bought this one from on eBay will take it back. I'm hoping he didn't know that it was defective.
  4. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    mine has never remain level when closed, maybe it's broken...

but I only put like sunglasses or small stuff in there because anything larger falls out when the box closes
  5. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    Are you installing the lid on the regular console? I dont think you can just put the lid on. I think you need the whole console