1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

0-60 sucks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jakejacobson86, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Offline

electrum77 Guest

Message Count:
    no I mean 7.10

view my cardomain page at http://members.cardomain.com/electrum77 go to pg 2
    I added this just for u.
  2. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Sorry, my mistake. Instead of reading it as a number with two fractional numbers, I read it as 10. By the way, how are you getting those impressive numbers with just 109 hp??
  3. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Still, 7.1 secs seems to fast for a 109 HP car. You must have some supercharger or something. My XRS runs a 7 second 0-60 with a very good driver and I have over 60 HP more than your's and we have almost the same body weight. I am not disputing the G Tech readings you have. It is just that I am finding hard to believe that you can go that fast with 109 HP and over 2500 lbs of body weight. Even with our NA 130 HP Corolla, it seems almost impossible to run a 0-60 in more than 8.1 secs.
  4. Offline

electrum77 Guest

Message Count:
    I will do the HP test set out in the manual just to make sure I have it correct . I'll let u know tomorrow
  5. Offline

electrum77 Guest

Message Count:
    Last night was the first time I even heard of / used a Gtech unit and I am very impressed. The unit allows you to gauge at what rpm it is best to launch the vehicle by providing you with accurate
    readings of your times when you launch at different rpms so you can compare.
    When I first launched I did a 8.6 sec 0-60mph(with two guys in the vehicle), then I launched at 4000rpm (too high for the standard rims and tyres I have on) I wheel spined through my 1st gear and part of 2nd , time still ok at 8.9. I did my 7.1sec launching at 2000rpm, I was by myself, didn't mis-shift and shifting just before the limiter kicked in :)

If you are like I was u can check out this link for more info.
    http://www.gtechpro.com/
  6. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    Hp and 0-60 test can be inaccurate. It works by x and y axis. And Im pretty sure it counts the shifts. Plus when your calculating you have to change it to whatever weight is in the car. People, subs, gas....etc. Its not a good tool to use. Nothing a consumer would by really is.
  7. Offline

electrum77 Guest

Message Count:
    If u take the HP measurement doing a normal run yes it will count the shifts. I did the HP test using the method described in the tutorial . gently move the vehicle, 1st gear runs to about 3000rpm, then calmly shift to 2nd gear, shift to 3rd at 3000rpm and stamp the gas let 3rd red line shift to 4th then sharply break.
    I did it twice the first time with the AC on the reading was 168hp. Then I did it again AC off 210hp. how accurate it is don't know just giving u the readings I got. :)
  8. Offline

TakumiJr Guest

Message Count:
    At the 1/8th mile last night, I got 11.676@60.75MPH so thats my 0-60 I guess :)