1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine zero to 60 time?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by CorollaULEV, May 31, 2004.

1. Offline

CorollaULEV Guest

Message Count:
    zero to 60 time?

What kind of zero to 60 times would a stock 2003 CE 5-spd achieve? I know the auto is around 9.5 sec - but the manual??

Thanks,
    Trav
  2. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

CorollaS916 Guest

Message Count:
    9.1 secs auto
  4. Offline

walt77 Guest

Message Count:
    Really? 8.1 zero to 60 with an 5spd?
  5. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I swear from watching some of the video clips of their supercharged 5-speed Corolla, they are running 0-60 under 8 seconds. Possibly in the 7.0-7.5 sec range.
  6. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    8.1 is with a N/A corolla by car and driver...so its gonna be faster than it actually is...because thats with a clutch dump and everything like that. I run 0-60 in 7.0 flat with an automatic turbo... i figure i could probably do it in about 6.0 with a manual...which is what blk03rolla does it.
  7. Offline

walt77 Guest

Message Count:
    When you mean TURBO.. it's a real turbo ??? Or you have the TRD Supercharger? If it's a turbo, where did you get it? Is it a custom kit?

W
  8. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    lol hes got a real turbo that leaks oil and his pipes are bad and if everything was working right hed be tearing it up. haha howd i do crovax? also i got 9.2 with auto, but thats without a launch. I bet i could get under 9 now.
  9. Offline

CorollaS916 Guest

Message Count:
    Same here, I am thinking Im closer to 8.5 or 8 secs now
  10. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    well, the downpipe is getting fixed right now, along with the backfiring, and the leaning out prolbem... i wouldnt have a leaky turbo if the bastard i bought the kit from wouldnt have shipped me a bad one... but yeah ur pretty close to right :) Everything will be fixed next week, then bigger injectors and more boost :) (then a new tranny after i destroy my auto at 9 psi i plan on running)
  11. Offline

cmybootoo Guest

Message Count:
    in a road and track their results for 03-04 corolla was 7.9 for the 5 speed and i believe it becasue ive beaten a V6 mustang 5 speed & a fixed up auto V6 04 Tibourn
  12. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    With a good laucnh like crovax said I can do 6 seconds. My problem is that i can never get a good launch with my wheels and tires right now so I would be about 6.3-6.4 actually that is not even considered a launch lol. Once I get my final mods I will be curious to see how that increases. I have heard with the header nad mid pipe the 1st to 2nd transition is way better I have an extreamly hard time hitting that shift perfect.
  13. Offline

RexPelagi VDub

Message Count:
    dude thats really fast, i had no idea.
  14. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    i should be pushin 6.0 flat 0-60 once i have everything fixed, and thats in an auto :) our cars REALLY like boost :)
  15. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I am hoping to run in the 13's with my full header back exhaust and then light wheels and either really sticky tires or drag radials
  16. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    that shouldnt be a prolbem with ur setup blk03rolla :)
  17. Offline

CorollaULEV Guest

Message Count:
    I was curious b/c my friend got a 1999 Nissan Maxima GLE yesterday w/ 83,000 miles. SWEET car! But in a little race (0-50) I was pulling on him and though "WTF?!" Anyhow...I was just curious.

Late,
    Trav
  18. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Whew, looks like Blk03Corolla and Crovax are going all out. I can't wait to hear and see more on what you guys are doing next. Man 0-60 in 6 seconds? That's pretty fast. Even with what I got now, I can't push no faster than low 7's.
  19. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    I will be curious myself to see how much these next mods add with the midpipe header and water injection system all is gonna run me installed about 1,700 oh and the engine mounts too. I will have this all done by the end of the month
  20. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    a litlle over 6 seconds! I can do that to ya know, i dont know why everybody always forgets about me :cry: haha
  21. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    hehe you know we love you :)
  22. Offline

StickyHydro318 Guest

Message Count:
    7.7 with gtec pro
  23. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    automatic or manual?
  24. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    yea, thats the only reason ive stayed away from aqua mist untill now....its H E L L A !!! expensive w/ install..........but, oh well :twisted:

The best price i found at a local distributor is a little shy of 900$....and thats just for the kit! I have no idea where i would get this installed w/o paying a fortune an i dont think i could do it myself. Have you found better?

.....i need hookups
  25. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    im confused. You guys are not running a 700hp V10, but you want a water cooler? im not hating on the idea im just wondering...... why?
  26. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    well, that price is for the 2d....time to talk to some matrix guys
  27. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    it smooths out the power band, makes a boost increase more safe, helps prevent heat soak, and lowers detonation temperatures. 200+ crank hp is starting on the road towards the limit of a non-reinforced 1zz, lots of stuff can go wrong so safer is better.....
  28. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    only way to intercool the TRD blower :)
  29. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    It cools off the intake charge since the S/C heats it up by compressing the air. It's basically the purpose of an I/C :wink:

I am getting a race prepped Phantom Grip LSD in my new tranny this weekend along with an ACT pressure plate (stock disc though, don't need a new one since I don't have extra power).

I am doing a crapload of mods and should be going to the track (PIR drag) sometime in the next month or two with Blk03Rolla. I'll lay down some great 0-60 times cause I'll be able to launch way better than most people cause of the added traction and hardly any wheel hop (motor mounts and a TQ-brace) :twisted:

I'm shooting for sub 8 second all on an NA 1ZZ Matrix :twisted:
  30. Offline

wi rolla Guest

Message Count:
    i am already sub 8 with my rolla!