1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Zaino Show Car Polish Question?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by darrenwang, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Offline

darrenwang Guest

Message Count:
    Zaino Show Car Polish Question?

Does anyone here have any experience about any product of this brand?

It has a quite lengthy instruction on its website, and from I understood is that before applying the new polish, ANY existing clearcoat (the layer that makes paint shiny) the must be removed first until the paint looks like baremetal. Then we apply the Zaino polish to give the paint a new layer of clearcoat. To achieve best result, we need to put few layers of coat to the car.

The result on the pictures does look amazing, but is it easy to do it? Or is it worth it to try this on a fairly new car? What's the best alternative way to give a car a shiny look like Zaino?
  2. Offline

bmw000 Guest

Message Count:
    I am pretty skepticle about this product. It is a polish, not a wax. Since it is a polish for a show finish, most show cars are not driven on a daily basis, or left outside 24/7 and I wonder how much real protection you would get with just a polish? I would imagine a polish only shines, not much protecion from the elements. I don't know, I could be wrong. I will stick with wax.

Brian Weber
  3. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    Zaino has many many products to improve the finish. It works as advertised but it is a LOT of work. Once done you will think it has been repainted it looks so good. I have used it in the past but now I'm just too lazy, not to mention I only have one day off a week. If you don't mind the work and have the time you'll be blown away by the results. Follow their directions exactly. You can go online to their site, tell them the age of the car & color and they will e-mail you back with the best combination of products for the best results.
  4. Offline

darrenwang Guest

Message Count:
    Thank you. Could you also recommand some products that make the paint shine and good protection?
  5. Offline

Hyper81 Guest

Message Count:
    hey i just used Maguiars gold glass wax on my car and omg it worked wonders on my car my car looks new so yeah i would used this thing from now on and for $10 is kinda steep for other waxes like nufinish but its well worth it. and no i dont work for maguiars lol
  6. Offline

perpetualpunk Guest

Message Count:
    I use car polish on my car and water beads off it for about a month and a half before i have to do it again. Most wax is bad, it builds up and doesnt let your paint breath.

Anyways i use waterless car wash/polish.

http://www.dwgint.com/

There are many distributers out there. I use to sell it too. Its 40 bucks for 32oz and it includes a pump bottle to apply it. You use approx 4 to 6 oz to clean and polish your whole car including windows(works like rainx). So it works out to about 5 bucks per wash. You apply with cotton terry towels, pretty amazing stuff.
  7. Offline

Rainmaker Guest

Message Count:
    Zaino definately works wonders, but its quite a bit of work. You only clear off all existing wax if its the first application of Zaino. They suggest using Dawn dish washing liquid to accomplish this. I just did 3 coats on mine and it feels extremely smooth.

It was my first application of Zaino, so here's what i did:

1. Dawn wash
    2. Clay Bar
    3. Z-7 Wash
    4. Dry
    6. Z-2 w/ZFX
    7. Wait till dry (20 to 30 mins)
    8. Remove polish with 100% cotton cloth
    9. Z-6

each additional coat after that was:

10. Z-6
    11. Z-2
    12. Wait till dry
    13. Remove Polish
    14. Z-6

additional applications after the 1st application, skip step 1 and step 2 (this step can be reinserted when ever the paint is no longer smooth to the touch)