1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Your Opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tsburt, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    Your Opinion

I Wanted To Install This 1000w Sony Amp On My Car. Thing Is I Don't Want To Putt The Subwoofer In The Trunk Cuz It Really Messes Up The Back Of The Car. Meaning That My Car Is Low Enough That I Can't Even Bring Anyone At The Back And With That Extra Weight, It Wouldn't Be A Good Idea.
    So I Was Thinking Of Connecting The Amp To The 4x 250w (6 1/2") Sony Speakers I Have Installed Inside The Car. U Think It Would Make A Difference? Or Should I Just Leave It Like It Is, Without The Amp. Stereo System Is Just Pushing 50w.
    Thnx Guys.
  2. Offline

Javidawg19 New Member

Message Count:
    dang... thats a really big amp bro. i got a 500w on my kicker L5. my friend hooked up a sony amp..idk how many wats to his infity's 250w x 4speaker 6.5in) its really nice. the quality of the music is excellent. however the base is nothing compared to a system.
  3. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    Yea..i Don't Mind The Base And Stuff. I Had A 600w Amp Connected To My Sub In The Trunk, Was Good But Taht Amp Got Burned. So Now I Have A Sony 1000w And I Don't Want To Put The Sub In The Trunk Anymore.
    I Just Want To Know If It's Worth It To Connect It To The 4 Speakers In The Car.
  4. Offline

asn13oy Stepping Stones

Message Count:
    What class amp is it?
  5. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    i think a class AB
  6. Offline

asn13oy Stepping Stones

Message Count:
    So right now you have four aftermarket (Sony) speakers already installed in your car. Currently, they are being pushed by your 'aftermarket' headunit. What we need to really know is rms. The 1000W on your amp is peak wattage. The 50W output of your headunit is also peak wattage.

You're going to want to find the rms power rating of the amp when using four channels and the rms power rating of the speakers.