1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Yo---Kohama

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Silver Bullet, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    Yo---Kohama

I have 17s with 40mm offset on my 01. The Falken 512s I had never rubbed unless some fat fucker sat in the back. I just scored some Yokohama Parada Spec 2s. They rub on big bumps and when I turn the steering wheel lock-to-lock. The weird thing is when I pulled the wheels and inspected there was no shiny spots or obvious rub spots. WTF! Thanks for any input.

BTW these Yokes are nice but I may try Nittos or Toyos next.
  2. Offline

Saz New Member

Message Count:
    Parada 2s are extremely noisy and lousy in the rain. Ive had Falkens, Paradas and Nitto 555s. 555s are the best tire Ive had. great grip and low noise.

for the rubbing issue, what size tires are they?
  3. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    a friend of mine had the Paradas on his Prelude...after driving the car a few times, i am not a fan of them.

as a side note...i'm pleased as punch with my Falkens...but i almost prefer the Dunlops that came on the car. i think my next set will be another set of Dunlops.
  4. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    paradas are just show tires but can't do sh!t when it comes to performance and everyday situation...

rubbing issues i'm thinkin that its might be not rubbing on the metal part but on the plastic inside the wheel well
  5. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    agreed on the Paradas...that's probably why i hated them.
  6. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    wut about toyo proxies
  7. Offline

Tamago New Member

Message Count:
    Yoko A032R .. now THAT is a HOTT tire ;)
  8. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    205/40/17 size tires. I haven't had any problems yet in the rain.
  9. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    I've heard the Toyo T1S's are REALLY good.
  10. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    i have yoko's on my stock steelies and couldn't be happier...thier pretty good in snow too
  11. Offline

iward New Member

Message Count:
    If it is an 01, it is rubbing on the inner plastic fender well on the drivers side when the wheel is cranked all the way, that is what mine did, so i just trimed the plastic and now i have no more rubbing
  12. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    hey iward, ur car on ur avatar looks really nice btw...i hope u post in the showoff section cuz id like to see the bigger pictures....
  13. Offline

Shifty SIdeways Noob

Message Count:
    :hesaid This is the correct answer!
  14. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:

Mostly the rubbing seems to be coming from the rear on big bumps. And it might be rubbing on plastic because there is no sign of rubbing on the rear fender lip.
  15. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    i have the parada spec2's on my gram lights, they have pretty good traction, and in the rain, they have better traction then toyo proxes fz4, but they rubbed when i turned the front wheel all the way, and also on big dips on the road, you should see my front tires now, the inner part of the tread is all scratched up and i can almost see the metal in the tire. the back rubs the lip of my quater panel but not too bad. i am going to get some Falken 512's next cuz i heard they arent as wide as the paradas even though they both are 205/40/17.

im not using the parada's right now cuz i have my trd wheels on wit the toyo proxes so its nice and safe to drive. :)
  16. Offline

renfield90 New Member

Message Count:
    lol everyone you ask has completely polar views of the parada spec 2. here's my take:

Yes, they're loud, but they're a performance tire. If you want a quiet tire, there are plenty of standard touring all seasons out there that last long and are quiet and smooth.

Rain traction is less than the competition. Just look at the tire; one small, offset groove that's supposed to channel all the water out of the way. It's not enough, so the tire isn't stellar in the rain, but there are worse tires in the rain. At any rate, when it's raining you should be less concerned about performance driving. If you drive the car like it's dry while it's raining, you'll have problems...if you're careful in the rain, you won't have any problem.

They have very good dry traction. The next higher class of tire is competition tire. These will be sticky. 'Nuff said.

Bottom line: they are a very good tire that do what they are designed to do. There are other tires that provide slightly better dry traction and a lot better road noise and wet traction, but you'll have to pay for this.

Go to www.tirerack.com, they have a review of this tire (and many others) conducted as objectively as possible by experts.
  17. Offline

Saz New Member

Message Count:
    Agree with everything but that. My Nitto 555s are way better than my Paradas and were like $20-30 cheaper each.
  18. Offline

kwong2001 New Member

Message Count:
    Might wanna look at Bridgestone Potenza S-03's. When I buy my Rotas i'll be getting those. I've heard nothing but good things about them, only downside is the price, for 215/34/17's, they're $169/tire at tirerack.com
  19. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
    How are you sure its not the lip?!(you're in the car when you hear/feel it)

What year Corolla do you have?

I had to roll my fenders in the rear since there was that "lip" that was rubbing when the back seats were full!

I got the DIY off of Vamp's site...hope everything gets resolved!

P.S. I have Yokohamo ES100's, KYB's, and Tein Springs and the fender roll fixed my problems, cept when the car is full + bumps come into the equation :) hah
  20. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
  21. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    i have parada spec2's also, i took them off recently cuz i got the trd wheels for daily, i inspected the inner side of the tires and they are so badly scraped that you can see some of the metal inside the tire.
  22. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    Woah. You know when I was shopping for rims and tires, I asked around this site and 2003corolla.org, and a lot of people have a LOT of bad things to say about the Parada Spec2. :| Sorry dude.
  23. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    Most of the people trash talking Parada Spec 2s probably never drove on them. It's convenient to knock something that they heard about but never tried. These tires have great grip even in the rain. After 10,000 miles my tires have no signs of being cut into by the wheel well and the treads are still like new. Phozenstone if your tires got cut to the belts I'm guessing you have the wrong size tires or too big of a drop. You'll probably have the same problem with other tires too. Other than a some noise on big bumps I like these tires.
  24. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    well i like them alot and i think their great in the rain too but their not meant to be mounted on 17x7.5" wheels which is wut my Gram Lights are..i think the max is 17x7, at least thats wut it says on the tire. Anyways, only the front is cut to the metal like that cuz its hitting something in the wheel well on the inside. the rear scraps too but it has no signs of metal or cuts. also tread is still good..thats why im only replacing the two bad ones wit some falken ziex 512's which claim to be only 6.9" tread width when mounted on a 17x7.5" wheel.
  25. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    I have 17 x 7.
  26. Offline

kwong2001 New Member

Message Count:
    Um, my friend who has an STi has said he absolutely hates Parada Spec 2's. If I remember correctly, he found they didn't work well in the rain at all, which says a lot since his car's 4wd.