1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Yellowish headlights make me sick... help!!

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by newbie, May 8, 2006.

1. Offline

newbie New Member

Message Count:
    Yellowish headlights make me sick... help!!

does anyone know how i can get rid of that yellow tint on my headlights? looks like crap, and i cant stand to look at em anymore... is there any thing i could do to make em clear again, like new? besides the obvious...? im just looking to save a little money...
    thanks
  2. Offline

newbie New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks man il give that a try!
  3. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    Nice trick! But drying it will be pain in the @ss. :D
  4. Offline

newbie New Member

Message Count:
    dont laugh at this but i could not get the housing out... so yeah... thanks for the help guys...
  5. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    if u are driving 7th a 93-97... in order to get the headlight out u gotta take corner lights and grill off first, there are bunch of philips screws... 1 each side on top of the headlight and 3 on the grill... and then u hav to force the corner light out from the back as for the grill, look behind the grill and there should be 2 clips but i dunno how to explain how to take that off... after the grill and corner light is off, then there is 2 10mm nuts on the side of the headlight and 1 10mm bolt on top, after u take all those bolts out, pull on the grill side of the headlight and it should come out..
  6. Offline

nocpan New Member

Message Count:
    here is a money saving idea, i took it from corolla racing and it works

take off your headlights, as in no bulbs no wires and you are holding them in your hands, squeeze some dishwashing liquid inside (don't worry) thenpour hot water inside, cover the light bulb holes with you fingers and shake! do it for some 5 min or so, the water with dishwashing liquid has to get everywhere and disolve all dirt ect... then repeat without liquid so you reince off all soap and remaining dirt

now drying is bit tricky, if you have lotta time on your hands just set it in a warm dry place and it will evaporate naurally, but its not a perfect world so, shake all excess water out, make a big swab from something like coat hanger wire wrapped tightly with paper towel and thread to hold it. swab the headlight after its relatively dry, get a hair dryer and blow warm (not HOT cause u risk melting something) air for a while untill you decide that all water and all vapour is gone.
  7. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    they sell a restoration kit at like pepboys, but thats if its on the outside...i dunno about the inside
  8. Offline

newbie New Member

Message Count:
  9. Offline

Gatorfan Guest

Message Count:
    PlastX works wonders for the outside ;)