1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Yellow vinyl for fog lights?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by RohllaNewbie, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Offline

RohllaNewbie Guest

Message Count:
    Yellow vinyl for fog lights?

For those who want yellow fog lights, I was thinking about maybe using some yellow vinyl to cover over the fog lights. I would think this would work since red vinyls work great for redding out our tail lights. My question is, do you guys think this would work in making a clear and bright yellow fog light?
  2. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    DistantXtremes did it on his car, and ended up taking it off. He used a yellow film from the theater to cover his fogs. He said it looked good at night, but wasn't that great looking in the daytime. I think the reason redding out your tails look more natural is because you're matching the red with the rest of your tails. The yellow film on the fogs is probably gonna stand out like a 7 foot man at a midget festival.
  3. Offline

White Rabbit Guest

Message Count:
    haha Now why would a 7foot man be at a midget festival?
  4. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Exactly!!! Same reason yellow film shouldn't be on your fogs...haha. :lol:
  5. Offline

baller Guest

Message Count:
    yeah I think it looks ugly.. If you want yellow fogs just change the bulb to those YELLOW ION bulbs.. much better performance wise too then using crappy vinyl