1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Yellow Koni + Skunk2 coilover sleeves

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by dan_funkee, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Offline

dan_funkee Guest

Message Count:
    Yellow Koni + Skunk2 coilover sleeves

Will those two works in harmony?
  2. Offline

DIABOLIC HIPPO Guest

Message Count:
    I'll let you know how well the ground-controls work with koni's. I should get them in the mail by friday I hope. I ordered it from racingsolution.com. I did not want to wait for the Teins already.
  3. Offline

dan_funkee Guest

Message Count:
    Out of the two, which one is better? Is it correct that one of them actually use Eibach made springs?
  4. Offline

DIABOLIC HIPPO Guest

Message Count:
    ok, I finally installed the ground controls matched with koni yellows.
    It rides pretty well, considering you can adjust the height and the ride settings to your
    liking. Its not bouncy or nor does it make rattling noises like alot of people post.
    The only down side is, the car does not sit very low. I have it adjusted all the way down and the Tein S Techs are about the same height, if not lower than the GC's.
  5. Offline

04MGRolla Guest

Message Count:
    Correct the springs on ground control coilovers are made by eibach.
  6. Offline

dan_funkee Guest

Message Count:
    Aight, looks like Tein S-Tech and Yellow Koni is the one for me. Last time I was about to get D2 Coilovers but cancelled the transactions. Tein Wagon Damper looks to be cool aswell, but its not damping adjust so maybe I should look for other alternatives. Who got TEIN WGN on their car??
  7. Offline

dan_funkee Guest

Message Count:
    Oh Since I had no idea how much S-Tech would drop the car, I got here a picture of my car. I live in Australia by the way so this is the hatchback model fo Corolla and its the Japanese model. Only body difference between the USA and JPN model so the drop is the same.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/au/resize

Those with S-tech I need help bad and please look at the pix and tell me if the drop would be like this.
  8. Offline

DIABOLIC HIPPO Guest

Message Count:
    I need to update u-folks, I forgot the springs need to settle. After a few days I noticed the fronts have gone down 1/2 an inch more and the back went down another 1/4 inch.
    the fronts rub like crazy on the dips, I ordered a set on koni bumpstops to help aleviate this problem.
  9. Offline

DIABOLIC HIPPO Guest

Message Count:
    nice car!!
    I wish I had gram lights....
  10. Offline

04MGRolla Guest

Message Count:
    that is a very nice car, wish they offered it in the us
  11. Offline

dan_funkee Guest

Message Count:
    Thanks for the comment. But no those wheels aren't RAYS Light Gram. It looked identical but its not, it's an imitation :) I only realized this one year after I fitted the wheels. I went to read some car mag and found the same looking wheels as mine, but its RAYS Light Gram.