1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Yeah i finally got my stuff now just gotta install it

Discussion in 'Interior' started by AESC, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah i finally got my stuff now just gotta install it

I just got my new HU - Alpine 9815
    My Amp Alpine V12 500W Mono Amp.
    One 2 Ohm Alpine 12" Type R

should have everything installed in a week. will post pics then
  2. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    Sweet...looking forward to the pics! 8)
  3. Offline

razz422 Guest

Message Count:
    Did you get Alpine box for your sub?
    The sub sounds great with Alpine sub. :D
  4. Offline

xtm "Member"

Message Count:
    Alpine is nice, good choice.

Post pics when you're done ;)
  5. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    im looking at my truck now and trying to find a way to insatll everything and use a little room as possible. i dont want to take out the spare because it is a full size and i want to have access to at least one of the fold down seats. im going to install the HU now and make some drawings and see what i can come up with.
    I am going to make everything the sub box and where the amp will be located. i just have to hope it all comes out how i want it too. might add some neons. plexi glass and some other stuff or just keep it simple. i have a few ideas but not sure how it will turn out.
  6. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    I used the holes from the stock speakers to hang a shelf, since the new 6x9s needed new holes anyway. Lousy pic, but you can tell my amp is on top middle of the shelf, power distribution on top left, VCP on left under the shelf, and CD Changer in the middle underneath. Left lots of room for groceries, and I can still use both pass throughs. The little box on the top right is a box I got from Radio Shack, stuck banana jack sockets in it, then hooked my sub up to banana plugs. I can unplug the sub easily and stash it in the back seat when I need the entire trunk space.

[IMG]
  7. Offline

AESC Guest

Message Count:
    im going to be baseing my design on somehting similar to yours as i want to attach the amp to the rear deck but not sure about sub placement yet. i want full access to my spare tire or i might work the spare into my design.

I installed my HU today and it rocks even with my stock speakers it sounds 100 times better after i get everything else done. Subs and other stuff i may change out my speakers but for know they are staying. i am going to get a new battery this week and all the wires and post pics of how and where to wire the amp wires and stuff also. look for my next post in the next week or two of the pics.
  8. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    I hear ya on the sub placement. I racked my brain trying to figure out where to put that 12 incher and its box where I wouldn't have to move it when I needed the entire trunk. Even considered having a upholstery shop build it into one of the fold-down rear seats.

If you do figure something out post pics and shoot me a PM so I won't miss it!