1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

XRS Corolla

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FaisalCorollaS, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    It is certainly fastest and best handling stock Corolla. Although, purists do not agree with the 'Best Corolla ever' part since it is a front wheel drive car. Personally, it makes no difference to me. About the exterior, XRS gets 4 wheel disc brakes as opposed to 2, lower stance by half an inch(it seems about an inch to me), larger and better looking alloy rims and performance tires and the color keyed grille surround is different from the chrome surround on the 05 Corolla S.
  2. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    u can get the black housing headlgihts on all corollas now.
  3. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    i would say yes. but i thought there were corollas in other country that were turbo charged with awd out of the factory.
  4. Offline

97ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    Ahhh.. so they made it a factory option now? How much would they have to add on top of the cost?
  5. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Yes, the tailights have clear turn signals (no amber color, just transparent covering) the headlights on XRS are dark smoked one's, whereas my 04 Corolla S has smoked lenses as well, but they are just a bit darker than the CE or LE.
  6. Offline

jakejacobson86 New Member

Message Count:
    XRS Corolla

So is the new XRS corolla like the absolute lord of all the corolla's ever made? should I be wanting one of these instead of a turbo chraged engine in my 99 ce? am i right to say the exterior is identical to the 2004 corollas?
  7. Offline

97ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    mm.. slight differences, like 0.5-1 inch lower than the CEs and LEs, has black housing headlights that look really good. :p Interior wise i believe they had the optitron gauges and a 6 speed manual. :D
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    So basically the XRS is the best stock corolla put out in the states? Guess ill stick to my 99CE!
  9. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    It is built in Canada only actually ( which is good since according to stats Corollas built in Canada are even better than Japanese built Corollas that is why it was picked the only home to Lexus outside Japan).
  10. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    the gts was the mother of all rollas
  11. Offline

Tokez420 Guest

Message Count:
    the 2zz is an engine that likes to be reved
  12. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    why? Because its in all the drifting fad now....because its rwd...because its in initial d? Meh
  13. Offline

onemph05 Guest

Message Count:
    Toyota had turbo Corollas in other coutries as an upgrade option to compete with the Honda SIR (b16 4dr Civic), sold in the Philippines and possibly Thailand. It was known as the "Toms Corolla." Toms known for their Supra in the JGTC. The review: http://motorista.com.ph/roadtest/reviewh.html
  14. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Toyota NA officially claimed that the Corolla XRS has clocked the fastest acceleration in the history of the production of the car.

15. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    if u count the Corolla Levin, Trueno Apex they came w/ 4AGZE or 4AGE 20v 165hp and as for most powerful corolla... actually corolla XRS is not the most powerful one ever made... the european corolla T-sports and japan Corolla Runx, Corolla Fielder, Corolla Allex came w/ 190hp...
  16. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I was expecting someone to say that. The European T Sport and Runnx have 180 HP 2ZZ GE engine that the Celica GT-S comes with ( no torque below 6000 rpm). The curb weight is close to 2900 lbs ( almost over 200 pounds heavier than XRS). The T Sport really is just the European version of our Matrix XRS. The official test 0-60 of the Corolla T Sport was only 8.4 secs ( Corolla XRS runs a 7 second flat 0-60) , which is also similar to Matrix XRS/Vibe GT.

17. Offline

Laz Z Kay "n00B, be kind"

Message Count:
    I own one, so i think i can post here, right?

The smoke headlight only comes with the X model or the XRS model, not CE or LE. So it is not an option. To me, that 0.5" drop doesn't seem to be enough, nobody notices that until i told them. And When this car rev up to 6,000rpm (is it call the VVTL-i zone), it goes REALLY REALLY crazy, you can hear the engine roaring under the hood and it is just so crazy. If you shift at 8,000rpm, it will be at the 6,000rpm area of the next gear. If you keep doing this, you don't have to worry about the leck of torque. But i have to admit that the leck of torque is a problem, if you try to accelerate fast, most of the time you will need to downshift. And doing this will use a lot of gas, so i dont suggest anyone do this (and it hurts the engine too).

Just my 2 cent.

piece
  18. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Downshifts do not hurt the engine unless you overrev on a misshift. It is very well a part of sporty driving.
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    y'all side track easily! lol
  20. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    The 2zz is a dog... I dont see what everyone is all excited about! The thing is a torqueless wonder. The VVTL-i zone? give me a break. Its a "nice" car, but... whatever.

Anyone read the Imporet Tuner this month? They practically called it a bitch.
  21. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    That is why the best street machine in the world Lotus Elise has that engine right??
  22. Offline

kickarse Guest

Message Count:
    Modified toyota engine... albeit only a little bit...
    And it's not THE best street machine in the world lol...
  23. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    There is nothing really modified in the Lotus Elise apart from the fact that the control software for lift etc. was written by Lotus themselves instead of using Toyota's control software. The result is that it produces 193 HP. Nonetheless, the 2ZZ in Corolla XRS has actually more torque available by 4400 rpm than a normal Corolla S.
  24. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    A Corolla S with the TRD supercharger and a 5 spd. will always beat a Corolla XRS 6 spd. in a drag race any day, keeping in mind same level of driver skill, the torque that comes witht he supercharger more than makes up for the 4hp the TRD supercharger is down on the XRS engine, and in the next few years, we should be able to fidn some wrecked XRS's int he junkyards and use the rear disc to do a disc conversion on the reg. Corolla's, my choice would be an S with the TRD supercharger... I still think Toyota should of put the 2.4 from the Camry in the Corolla, lots of torque, 157~160hp... It would keep up with the XRS engine no problem and be more driveable at low engine speeds...
  25. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    On a race track, the XRS will own the supercharged S ( considering the net cost of both of these are the same). The S will huff and puff, but not catch up to the XRS. I did a 110 turn in XRS at 100 KM/H. I know my S would have flipped over. By the way, if I am getting around 20-23 mpg for gas mileage out of a Corolla ( say supercharged), I might as well get a Solara 4 Cylinder and supercharge that one. It totally defeats the purpose of getting a Corolla. By the way, XRS still averages 30 mpg in mixed city and highway driving.
  26. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The XRS may take turns faster, but the S w/ TRD supercharger will be faster on the straightaways, so it should be a fairly close race, but i'd take the torque of the supercharger over the barely usable peak power of the XRS anyday... its my opinion, you have yours...
  27. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    I should hope it has more then a stock S... but by what? 6 ft. lbs or something... wow, sorry. You could put a 77hp Suzuki engine in a Lotus and it would still perform... that thing is light as hell. Not all of us have a normal S by the way. I cant stand the 2zz's sorry... wheres the torque? Thats the real number.
  28. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Dude you are not making any sense. That is the whole point of an engine that revs up at 8400 rpm. Look at a lot of street racing cars like S2000, RX8 or even RSX Type S (Celica GT-S). They all weigh close to 3000 lbs with tiny motors and they all have no torque, but they smoke the hell out of a lot of cars. It is really the horsepower that matters in high revving engines and not the torque. I personally could supercharge my Corolla S for probably less than what an XRS will cost me, but the 6 speed gearing on XRS, suspension upgrades, horsepower, 4 wheel disc brakes and interior upgrades. All in all, the Corolla XRS is far more fun to drive than a supercharged Corolla S.
  29. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    Truly spoken like someone who's never been in a supercharged car before... keep telling yourself that. The "race club" around here has 2 celica GT-S's (with 2zz's, incase you dont know) that I OWN... they are my bitches. I dont mean it like PWNED or whatever that crap is... I mean I OWN them. They dont even look my way when they see me, but yeah... GO 2ZZ! Woo Hoo

Those things cant stay in lift with that 6-speed to save their life, but you would know that right.
  30. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    This isnt side-tracking... Im telling you how it is.