1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

XRS bad news!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TooFastXRS, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    XRS bad news!

I was driving to work the other day and my drivers rear tire blew out. About and inch diameter hole in my sidewall, i contacted the dealer, only having 4,000 miles on them, and they told me i have to go through Michellin. I contacted the nearest michellin retailer and they told me i had ran something over and it went through the sidewall. Anyways, to make a long story short, these new Michellin Pilot Premacy tires 195/55/16 V rated arent distributed by Michellin to dealers yet so i had to get them direct from Michellin. $237 a tire isnt all that cheap, i was pissed. The tires are bitch'n though, you can check them out on their website. www.michelinman.com later!
  2. Offline

slowrolla New Member

Message Count:
    $237 a tire! Do they make your car fly! lol
  3. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    yeah!

thats what im sayin! i guess thats what the goin rate is for a V rated Michelin tire....you got me!?later!
  4. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    i got v-rated tires on my car and it dun cost that much i think mine cost me $600 cdn for all four... did u get the dealer to pay for it since its under ur car's warranty...
  5. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Uh oh! that is bad news. I guess I have to be very careful with it mine. I was checking with a few tire dealerships for winter tires since these tires will not hold up in snow and they said that this tire size 195/55/16 is very rare so I am going to get 205/55/16 since it is easy to find cheaper winter tires for that size. I will be swapping my Michellin Pilots out for some cheap Firestone Winter Force tires next weekend.
  6. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    actually......

it wasnt covered under warrenty because it was a road hazard...not a defective tire.

Faisal: yeah i look everywhere for a tire that size and everyone was telling me they had H rated tires. I dont think so! So, anyways, it was a bitch getting a replacement!
  7. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah you have to get extended warranty to cover those things. When I had my 04 Corolla S, I had one of the tire wall rubber with a minor slight tear. It happened a measly 6-7 months after I got car and Toyota said it was not covered under warranty unless you buy one of those extended warranty. I checked with a tire dealership and they told me it was alright and will not cause any damages. I kept driving it till I traded it in.
  8. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    just called'em!

hey Faisal, after reading your last post i called the dealership, i paid the extra 1500 bucks or so for my extended warrenty. And.....tires arent covered! bastards, i appreciate the info man!
  9. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Hmmmmm.. that is strange man. I honestly remember positively the customer service guy telling me it would be covered only under extended warranty. I will check with my dealership again about it and see what is going on with it??
  10. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    gracias!

thanks bro...let me know how it goes.....
  11. Offline

jeprox Active Member

Message Count:
    my bro's 04 TL with around 26,000kms. already needs new tires. each one cost around C$280 and up! high performance tires = big bucks!
  12. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    yes indeed

fo sho!
  13. Offline

backup_use Guest

Message Count:
    The talk about extended warranty: I don't know how it is in the US but in Canada, they gave us paper documentation that specifically says road hazard is covered under any ECP plan.

I only paid $500 Cdn for ECP but that's because it only lasts for 4 years/100,000 km - just enough to ride through to the end of the lease.
  14. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, backup use. I already had that in the back of my mind that it might be a Canada - US difference. Although, I wanted to confirm with the dealership. TooFast paid $1500 for his extended warranty and it is surprising that tires are not covered. I plan to confirm tire coverage with my dealership.
  15. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    damn dude. $237 for a 195/55/16??? RIP-OFF!!! Man you can get Pirelli P-Zero 215/45/ZR17s for less than that. Fuck Michelin.
  16. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    sorry bro!

sorry man, dont know what to tell you. Its a rare size and what not, you have a better idea? cuz id like to hear it....
  17. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    I was in the same situation for the winter tires. I decided to go with wider tires of 205 mm width rather than the standard 195 mm width. Now I have a wide range of choices among different brands. Not surprisingly the Firestone Winter Force tires cost only 107 bucks as opposed to the only available 195 mm in Bridgestone Blizzacs and Michellin Alpine which cost close to $200 and I checked with Toyota they said wider tires should be fine with Corolla since the wheel wells are designed to handle much wider tires than 195 mm and hey wider tires give even better cornering. Just do not mess around with the circumference of the wheel, which should stay at 55 mm since changing it would mess around with your speedo. 195/55/16 is a new size that is very rare, but 205/55/16 is a very common size. This is just for your knowledge. Although, you have just one tire so you are bound to get a Michellin to match the rest of them rather than having just one wider tire...LOL.
  18. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    gracias!

thanks faisal, thats the point im tryin to get across, i want my tire to match! i dont want all brand new michelins and then a dunlop h rated tire, that would be retarded. Im still open to suggestions.....thanks man! My michelin should be here tomorrow!
  19. Offline

slvr2000fdvspec Guest

Message Count:
    one thing..your "kill list" has an error..98 civic si? sorry buddy, civic SI's were only available in 99-00..
  20. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    thanks!

21. Offline

lilbeastie18 Guest

Message Count:
    you mean to tell me when yuo purchased the tires you didnt buy road hazard on them??? its soo cheap! OMG, you get what you asked for by not paying for road hazard, OMG, c'mon man, pull the head out. I bought my 04' corolla and have road hazard on it because a month ago I have a flat tire because of shit on the freeway, and i didnt have to pay for much, i think like 15 bucks max.
  22. Offline

XS PSI New Member

Message Count:
  23. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
    Michelins are ALOT more expensive than alot of tires, but I HARDLY EVER see them scalloped, lumpy, or with sidewall bubbles. Their all season passenger car tires are the shit IMO.

I have Continentals on my car and I'm fairly happy with them. I had Yokohamas on my old wheels and they weren't too bad. I will never buy another set of Hankooks though.
  24. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
    The Saabs I work on came with these Pirellis out of the factory.
    Pirelli P6000s, P6s, and PZero Rosso Asimmetricos

The 6000s and 6's are very prone to scalloping if you don't rotate them all the time and they both seem to wear out fast (most are almost finished at 30k). The 6s come in with alot of side-wall bubbles which leads me to believe they have a weak inner sidewall.

The PZero Rossos wear out really fast

I would pay for a set of more expensive Michelin Pilot HXs before getting PZero Rossos.

(some of the other tires that came on the Saabs were Goodyears that aren't too bad)
  25. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    uh oh! whats wrong with hankook- and please dont say something bad.... :( ive got ventus HRII's now and im very happy with em- had em for about 2k miles..
  26. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
    Nothing big really... The wet traction IMO was terrible. I had to go extra slow in the rain and my current Continentals are 100x better overall.
  27. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    damn, im done posting....
  28. Offline

anewfoundsin Guest

Message Count:
    How come you didnt get 17's and complete different tire/wheel look? I have 6k miles and now im thinkin of gettin 17's A.S.A.P.
  29. Offline

XS PSI New Member

Message Count:

huh?
  30. Offline

TooFastXRS Guest

Message Count:
    what...?

you speak english?