1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

XM radio

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Patsfan123, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Offline

Patsfan123 Guest

Message Count:
    XM radio

I have some birthday money and i wanna get the Delphi XM radio reciever with the stock head unit, I am assuming that the stock corolla head unit doesnt have AUX inputs so i will have to run it though the cassette adapter until i can get the FM modulator. So first does the stock unit have an AUX input, and if it doesn't is the FM modulator for the Delphi XM reciever easy to install, or will i have to get someone to install it for me. BTW, will the cassette adapter or FM modulator give me higher quality sound? I still have to wait a week or two since my rolla is still getting fixed... stupid woman hit me going 45 while i was making a left handed turn, $6000 of damamge :cry: , plus insurance says its my fault.
  2. Offline

PilotGuy Guest

Message Count:
    Wow Im sorry to hear about the accident :cry: , that sux big tme, especially since Insurance is now on your back your premiums are going to skyrocket. Well at least your ok and the corolla saved you, did she just hit the front end of your car? pics?
  3. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    Bummer on the accident, that's why we pay insurance though, let them worry about it.

The stock HU doesn't have AUX inputs. The FM modulator is easy to install, you pull the antenna cable out of the back of the HU, plug it into the modulator, then plug the modulator into the HU. You could probably do it by taking the glovebox out, which I think is easier than taking the dash apart.

Far as which sounds better, the modulator or the cassette adapter, I dunno. Those adapters are pretty cheap, so maybe try both and see what ya think. There's a level mis-match between the radio and the cassette deck, and louder usually sounds better, so try to even the volume out when you're comparing.

Someone here said one of the two satellite services is going into bankruptcy proceedings, you may want to see what's up with that before you choose.
  4. Offline

Patsfan123 Guest

Message Count:
    She hit the back end of my car, i was taking a left onto a highway onramp, and she wasnt paying attention or something and clipped the back right corner, i did a 180... At first they just thought the sheet metal was bent, but she was goin so fast it bent the frame. No pics though, havent seen it since memorial day since it happened... they said they would *try* to fix it by july 4th... as far as the services going bankrupt, i hope its sirus, i really would like to get some dance music in my car :D
  5. Offline

PilotGuy Guest

Message Count:
    If She hit the Back of your car it should Automatically be Her fault. shouldnt it?
  6. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    sounds like he turned in front of her, and she missed all the back of his car.

that "rear end" thing only appiles to getting rear-ended by someone directly behind you...and only if all your tail-lights were functional at the time (yes they can determine that). there's other things that will make it your fault for getting rear-ended too, such as if you're nailing the brakes just to get a tailgater off your butt (road rage).

Ended up in court years ago for a woman claiming I rear-ended her, when she had ran a red while in a breakdown lane and hit the front of my truck. I won.
  7. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    hey, isnt one of the xm companies going bankrupt. which one is it. Sirius or XM
  8. Offline

Patsfan123 Guest

Message Count:
    Ya thats why it was my fault, but i should had enough time... i did some research and apparently Sirius and XM were having money troubles last July, and Sirius mentioned bankrupcy. However they got some money and were okay... there is no mention of how XM got out of the hole. Apparently Sirius has older satelites which dont put out a good signal and have less suscribers. XM has more people plus its $3 cheaper a month, so i think i will be okay. Hopefully i will be driving the rolla by next week...
  9. Offline

Patsfan123 Guest

Message Count:
    BTW, forgot to mention i am 17, so matter what i said to the cops i dont think they would believe me :wink:
  10. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    Sad but true, most of the time.

27 years ago I had my first car and a two week old license. Was taking my girlfriend to school, playing grab-ass, and went right through a stop sign. Got nailed by a Olds 88. Took the front end right off my car. Nobody was hurt, the Olds had my paint on his bumper and a busted headlight, and a pretty pissed off guy in a Air Force uniform. I swear to this day it was bright and sunny outside that morning, and 10 seconds after the cops showed up the sky clouded over.

I survived. You will too.
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    sounds very dramatic
  12. Offline

Patsfan123 Guest

Message Count:
    i've been over it a while... the accident was over a month ago (btw there was no grab-ass involved, i was driving home from work), now i am just hoping she drives the same as before the accident.
  13. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    incredibly dramatic.

Do me a favor...be your own enemy...not mine.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    hahahahaha, i'm not picking on u 03ToyMan, it just sounds pretty funny, but the weather change thing, i've seen in michigan all the time. ask ur sis in law. we here have a saying
    "If you dont like the weather, wait a minute and it will change". IMO, ur pretty cool so i wouldn't pick a fight with u unless u asked for it.
  15. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
    Good deal. Can't have too many friends! :D

I'm off to get the paint to do my valve cover. Hemi orange with black letters. Will keep me busy until UPS shows up with my JDM headlights, I swear the bastages know I'm waiting so they don't stop by until 7!
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    hahaha, yeah i'm getting impatient for my CAI too but i know it will be a couple of days b4 i see it. nice choice on the hemi orange and the black letters. quite original