1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

xenons

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by latin rolla, May 25, 2004.

1. Offline

latin rolla Guest

Message Count:
    xenons

i have my 03 rolla and i'm ready to put some xenons on my car...whats a good brand i can use that wont burn the wiring and also not burn a hole in my pocket? are silverstars the best way to go? :confused:
  2. Offline

Drummer426 Guest

Message Count:
    I've heard mixed reviews of the silverstars just because the DRL tends to run through them quickly. I've had MTEC's on mine for a few months and things seemed fine(except fog lights...too high wattage) My thing is to go with PIAA's but that will burn a hole in your pocket to about $80 for the extreme white plus (my fav color)

I just recently went to an HID kit. Before I used go through bulbs constantly because i'm not happy with brightness or tint. After all the money i spent, the best thing was for me to go get an HID kit. My guy gave me an extra warranty on top of the already 2 year warranty from the manufacturer. It's a lot more...a few hundred but i'm finally content with my choice.
    If you're happy with the brightness of silverstars then definitely stick with that or mtecs. I was pleased with my PIAA's on my truck i had before. If you're like me and feel like grass is always greener on the other side. Just invest in some HID's. Just becareful. I'm not sure where you are located but i know parts of cali are strict on color of your bulbs. silverstars are stock wattage and don't draw too much attention. PIAA's are the brightest for stock wattage for a standard bulb. I've never been pulled over for my mtecs. I hear cops usually just pull you over if they look like the cheap blue ones. I chose this HID kit because of it's durability and the closeness it has to the BMW style HID. It's not overly blue...it's just right :)
    my 2 cents
  3. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    lmao, silverstars, piaa's, mtecs, none of them are true xenon's. tehy're still halogen bulbs, just brighter and bluer thru various tricks. if u really want xenon, u have two options, an HID kit, which is still illegal, or a true OEM retrofit. OEM retrofit is not only legal, but also much nicer on other driver's eyes. The thing is, with halogen, u're not putting out as much light, so the glare from a reflector set-up isn't so bad. but when u put HID capsules in there, u're sending much more light, and the glare hitting other driver's is horrible. With a OEM retro, u're putting proper projector's in there, and u won't be hurting other ppl's eyes, and also, u'll be getting the most out of your set-up, because u won't be losing stray light all over the place, u'll have it al focused where u need it, in front of u, and on the ground

btw, if u're interested in retrofitting, which u can diy, go to www.hidforum.com/forum great info, helpful ppl, and soe ppl wil even be willing to do it for u if u pay them
  4. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    I'm guessing the people over at www.IllusionLighting.com are way overpriced, but I had my heart set on one of those Xenon HID kits.

5. Offline

latin rolla Guest

Message Count:
    "xenons" lol

i was smarter this time and put xenon in quotations..well i went on eBay and found a brand new pair of Piaa's xtreme white plus for only $65..including shipping. i should be getting them this weekend or monday of next week..when i do ill be sure to take some pictures and post them on here :D
  6. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    yeah dude, post the pics. i bet they look hot aint it?
  7. Offline

ShockBaby Guest

Message Count:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

guys get the true real HID, dont go for the fake HID like PIAA, real HID use less watt and last longer, you dont need to change your HID for 3 years~ PIAA only last you 1 year, do the MAth yourself and find out what is better deal for you!!

I am selling this go check it out on Ebay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=WDVW

ShockBaby Guest

Message Count:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

guys get the true real HID, dont go for the fake HID like PIAA, real HID use less watt and last longer, you dont need to change your HID for 3 years~ PIAA only last you 1 year, do the MAth yourself and find out what is better deal for you!!

I am selling this go check it out on Ebay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=WDVW
  9. Offline

SkyAce2004 New Member

Message Count:
    linky no worky
  10. Offline

SkyAce2004 New Member

Message Count:
    merged...YW!
  11. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    yeah get the retrofit like I did, sean2sean can do them for u if u got the cash for it...but they will look like this...well differ on an 03+, but u'll get the idea...plus u can modify your headlights the way u want cuz they'll be open during the install...
    http://vvti.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5435