1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Wow..problem.

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by CadetLee, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    Wow..problem.

So..the other day, I noticed my hood heat shield had been worn through -- my nitrous line (steel braided) had worn through the heat shield and made a nice shiny spot on the hood brace. Apparently I don't have enough hood clearance due to the brace being just exactly where my n2o/fuel lines are...

Any suggestions? I thought about putting something between the two, but that wouldn't really 'solve' the problem. I can see wear on the braided line already, so I probably should replace it before I use it again. I don't have much room to put the n2o anywhere else -- my intake curves, so it would be going in at a strange angle if i were to put it in sideways. The only thing I can think of is to mount the jet underneath the intake, and have the fuel/n2o feed come from underneath instead of from straight up. If I go that route, I'll have a hole to plug in the intake -- what should I use to block it?
  2. Offline

superpilun Guest

Message Count:
    if it's like a nipple you can get vacuum caps from pep boys.
  3. Offline

exolyte Guest

Message Count:
    use an old bike-tire valve stem cap....works almost perfectly
  4. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    The hole is 3/8ths of an inch, I think..it's pretty decent sized.