1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

would this sell?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Bulletproofswordsman, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
  2. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    I would pay 50 cents for it and give it away as a gag gift.
  3. Offline

toyotaboy New Member

Message Count:
    would this sell?

Ok this probably sounds cheesy, but people buy crap all the time. Imagine taking one of those sound recorder chips from the talking birthday cards you see, wire it into a cigarette lighter splitter, and rig it so it autoplays when it gets power.. So now you have a cigarette lighter spliter with memo function when you start up the engine. You just get home the day before, and you want to remind yourself to stop somewhere on the way to work? Maybe just record a funny message like "welcome back speed racer". I think I can build it for about $10 in parts.
  4. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    Hm. I wouldn't buy it. I hate frivilous nonsensical wastes of ingeniuty and precious resources. Like those Chinese trader catalogs, with all the plastic party favors. I think we make more environmental polution than functional uses with these things.

Sorry. :) I'm sure someone would buy something like that.
    Go talk to the Chinese, they probably have pre-made circuits ready for use. You'll probably have to buy at least 300 of them. :p

If your serious. I would make it more usefull. Like a speakerphone/memo recorder. Just the recorder isn't all that cool. You can go and buy a decent digital recorder for $10 at office max. Or you can even just call your cellphone/home phone and leave yourself a message.

If you did more refining, you might come up with something that would have more consumer appeal. then...

Do some advertising.. do a small production and maybe sell some on ebay to see how they do. If you wanted to go bigger from there it would take more research and marketing analysis.

I know I don't sound very encouraging. Sorry. But don't give up. You may find a way into something, and the only way you'll know is if you try. At least give it some good thought and planning, and try something. Most people don't take risks and they always say they wish they would have. So the worst thing that could happen is your would have some entertaining stories to tell people!

:D