1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Would it work?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by SlowRolla97, May 6, 2005.

1. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    Would it work?

The last thing I have to buy for my car is a muffler. I dont want a HUGE AND LOUD muffler, just something a little louder and larger than stock. ;) Heres what Im considering.

HERE IS THE LINK

The one pictured in the link has a 3" outlet. I just want something large enough to fit the cut out of the TOMS rear lip. Is this going to look too small? My first question is even though it says universal, will it fit? The design looks like it may not fit. In the description, it says the double loop is to reduce noise, is this true? Makes some sense, but Im not a mechanical man by all means. Anyways what do you guys think?
  2. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    u want a good sound/smaller tip combo get a magnaflow SS muffler, i love mine not too loud at all

will it work, i have no idea
  3. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for the suggestion :D
  4. Offline

AE102 New Member

Message Count:
    Apexi N1 exhaust sounds nice, i dont have one. but heard how they sound.
  5. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    you'll have a hard time fitting it up high under the car cause of how the loop is designed so high over the tip. It looks like a copy of the DC style muffler so it might work on keeping it not as loud.
  6. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    u want a oval muffler with a large chamber to muffle to keep your car at a respectable sound level.
  7. Offline

Capeside New Member

Message Count:
    I don't see the benefit of that style. If it is for quietness, there is a bunch of normal style mufflers that are quiet. And if it is for performance, wouldn't the loop cause more back pressure eliminating any performance gains from a muffler/exhaust system?
  8. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    or u can try a small can of Folgers, I bet that would keep it quiet and make lots of hp man just like a tru sleeper :D hehe