1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Woot!

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by cgreen38, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    Woot!

I've had my Tokico HP shocks in my carport waiting for me for a few weeks now. H&R Sport springs are supposed to be at my house waiting for me. I just need to get new lower strut bolts and new shock boots, then I'll be ready to install. :)
    Does anyone know the best place to get new lower strut bolts and shock boots from (bolts are getting pretty corroded, shock boots are torn in the rear somehow)? I know I can order them from the dealership (RAPE!), but I'd rather have a less-expensive alternative. Any help is appreciated.
    BTW, full thread with before/after pics coming soon (when I actually do the install). :D
  2. Offline

DrunkSaru Unsuspecting Poo Flinger

Message Count:
    try some local mechanics shops. I've actually asked around a couple times and some stuff they gave it to me for free, not necessarily the same type of things you are looking for but wont hurt to try i guess.
  3. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    Good point. I didn't think about trying that.
  4. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    find out there demensions , most auto parts store can tell you with there gauges . for instants : i broke a caliper bolt on my passenger side when i was doing one of my wheel bearings . i found out , thet it is a m12 , 1.25 x 30mm metric grade 8.8, and will require a washer . ordering the part from the store was 20.00 . every where i looked , in lowes and etc. , no avail , wrong thread demension.

now the best place i recommend to get replacement bolts , once you figure the dimensions, is fastenal. they got the bolt within 2 days and it was also only 3.00.

he also told me , that the reason i could not find the correct thread dem. and hardness is because it is an aircraft grade bolt , and is proof up to vibration . some bolt police , like the undewriters labrotory , says that thes bolts cannot be manufactured by specific companys without a specific metalurgy liscense , do to there applications.

definitly my choice for bolt go to guys.

+ there everywhere. we also get supplys from them at my work , and we hang stuff that weighs over 1000 lbs. on 3/8" threaded rod.
  5. Offline

cgreen38 Common sense, p

Message Count:
    Dang, Shubert. That's pretty cool. Anyone know the exact dimensions of a lower strut bolt on a 98 Corolla? :D