1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

With a few thousand dollars in upgrades...

Discussion in 'Videos' started by laz, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
  2. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    wow thats sick like they probably hit like 100mph right on the street.... sick speed. and of the the line the suburu would have it and keep goin

but i'd still take the benz.... can't beat luxury and its not that much slower and it beats most other cars on the road lol
  3. Offline

supermann423 word.

Message Count:
    wait dude was that your legacy?
  4. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    benz = german = problematic. i'll take a subaru over that any day. :D
  5. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    Seemed like scooby always had a bit of a head start but in the end it started to pull on the benz anyways.
  6. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    As if a highly modded, high horsepower turbo car wouldn't be problematic...

Besides, Benzes are bulletproof mechanically. It's electrical problems that MAY become a problem after the car is off warranty, but if you have enough money to afford a new one in the first place, you should be able to sell this one and buy another. They're expensive to fix when you have to fix them, but they're not problematic.
  7. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    Not my leggy, just someone that posted.

The FMIC and bigger turbo on the leggy do not make it more problematic. And it still keeps the day to day driveability. The engine in the GT is very robust, and even people with mild tunning are reporting 13 second runs on the quarter mile.

Rumors are that they tweaked the 07 a little more to make it even faster stock.

My point is that with just a little money and the right pieces you can make your car really fast.

Dyno charts do not lie.

X
  8. Offline

rayray1 Active Member

Message Count:
    nice sleeper, i like how it doesnt draw any attention
  9. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    Bah! The Benz weighs over 4000 lbs and the Subaru weighs 3365. That's a huge difference. What did the benz have done, if anything? If it shedded some weight or had a smaller pulley installed, it would be a better race.
  10. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    The E55's are sick as hell but they're too heavy, the GT's are sick as hell I love the way they look and the way they drive is absolutely smooth. Nice vid
  11. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    lol u guys will laugh at me y i wouldn't get a legacy gt.... it has day time runnign lights, i want HID's lol, anyway that can be disabled most likely, there is some special spec b edition that has a knub for like performance tuned on it or sometin
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    you could always turn OFF the DRLs...i don't know how, but i'm sure someone's done it.
  13. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    it's most probably a cut and add an switch deal of 1 wire
  14. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    wrx = german drive train

don't forget that. the engine and trans in the wrx is a GERMAN motor. Porsche Boxter to be exact. *EDIT* <- pwn3d myself... BOXER not BOX(T)ER my bad. :D
  15. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    I run HID's and in the 05-06 all it takes is to disconnect a plug, on the 07 you need to cut one wire.

And the H7 projectors on the legacy are quite nice for HID's without doing a retro:

X
  16. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    ya its a nice a car
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    yes, though i don't know who had it first. it's a boxer motor, or a "pancake" motor...also known as an H-4(because of the way it's arranged).
  18. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    yeah I thought is was a Boxer Engine, not a Boxter engine. I thought they were only similar because of the type of engine they are. Not the exact same, are they?
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    no, they're not identical...but then again, ford and chevy V8s aren't identical, either. :)
  20. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Pancake engines were actually designed by Karl Benz (there's a name you should be familiar with) and were called ' boxermotors ' by Adolf Hitler. Volkswagen were the first to use the design when they came out with their first cars. I mistyped when I said Boxter, I meant Boxer... just got typing too fast, lol - but i was actually referring to the design being a copy (not direct) of the Porsche BoxerMotor, as opposed to the Volkswagen model. If you look at the designs for the Subaru engine and compare it to what would be a 4 banger version of the 6 cylinder boxter (t is typed correctly this time) its damn close, closer than say a comparison to a volkswagen boxer engine. Still... the design is *GERMAN* in origin, once again... Karl Benz was the creator of this engine design. His company, 'Benz Company' later went on to become what we know as Mercedes-Benz today. :)

bottom line, it's still a german motor, regardless of where it's assembled or who made slight modifications to the design.
  21. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    Maybe check the Subaru H6 engine and see how alike they are? They just announced the first H6 Legacy for the united states for 08.

Basically a 3.0 liter H6 in a legacy.
  22. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    i'd be willing to bet they are pretty close...
  23. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    lol Ok. I didn't catch it was a mistype. My bad. Yeah so basically we're saying pretty much the same thing then. Same design of the motor. :)

an H6? Nice. :)
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    essentially, yes.

H6 was in the SVX...it's a damned shame they only offered an automatic in that vehicle.
  25. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    Now here is a video of the GOTO:Racing legacyteraing it up at the Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama.

Because of an electronical glitch they had to start at the very back of the field, so there is a lot of passing.

It is a big file (193 MB) with a good 22 Minutes. They can only pass after the green flag, so it takes a little bit to get started, but the amount of cars it passes (Acura's, Mazdas, BMW's, Domestics) is crazy!

http://www.garysheehan.com/movies/Barber2.mov Right Click and Save As

And if you have your favorite game controller near, grab it and make believe you are racing! lol

X