1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Tech Windows finally tells me something is wrong...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ares, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    Windows finally tells me something is wrong...

For once, windows does not give me JUST the "blue screen of death"... This time it actually told me what was wrong and why it cant start...

That said, I now have the task of getting that file back to where its supposed to be at... Other than getting the HD and using it as a slave of this comp, what other ways can I copy the file to the directory?
  2. Offline

WhitePearl New Member

Message Count:
    u can do 1 of 2 things.
    1. If u have access to another computer, pull the hdd out, and use a IDE-to-USB adapter, and plug it in like a flash drive, then just go tthe folder and copy the file over from the cd or the other pc.

2.Restart your computer with the Windows XP Setup disk in the CDROM drive.
    If you are prompted to press a key to start the computer from CDROM, do so quickly. Otherwise it may try to boot from the hard drive.
    After a few minutes, you'll see a prompt to press the R key to start the Recovery Console.
    When Recovery Console starts, it will prompt you to enter a number corresponding to the Windows XP installation that you need to repair. In most cases, you'll enter "1" (which will be the only choice). If you press ENTER without typing a number, Recovery Console will quit and restart your computer.
    Enter your Administrator password. If you don't enter the correct password, you cannot continue.
    At the Recovery Console command prompt, type fixmbr and then verify that you want to proceed.
  3. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    meh, just nuke it.
  4. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    Just switch to UNIX... :)
  5. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
  6. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    I thought of both... I am going through my 9238472309487 cds to find xp install... worst comes to worst, ill just copy paste...

thanks for the link cb