1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Window Rattle?

Discussion in 'Truck & SUV' started by DeebsTundra, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Window Rattle?

I've got an irritating rattle in my driver's side window running over rough roads.

I've heard reports that it's the window regulator.

Anybody shed any light on this? ...and possible cost to fix? Like the squeaking in my springs, the rattle is driving me crazy.
  2. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    Have you tried taking the door panel off and tightening any loose screws/bolts? I would check that cause it would be a waste of time if you took it in and that was the cause.
  3. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Whoops, guess I wasn't specific enough. The driver's window only rattles when it is between 1-5 inches down. ...I can grab ahold of the window and pull it in towards the cab and it will immediately stop.
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    This is what I would do. Take off the door panel and bring the window down 1-5 inches. move the window back and forth to see if it wiggles...if it does, then tighten the screws that hold it in place. if you do not see anything moving, then take it to the dealer. do a search to see if there's a TSB out for it or not. that way you know if its only your car of if its affecting others.
  5. Offline

My03Tundra ROLL OUT!

Message Count:
    There was a TSB for it, and it does indicate replacing the window relay motor.

Some intrepid folks have fixed it by using some felt stuff in the window tracks. The main problem with doing that is if dirt gets in there, well, you've got a nice scratch.
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    If there's a TSB out, then take the truck in. Let them fix it. No point in trying to fix it then.
  7. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    ya know now that i think about that andy... i had a similar problem with my other rolla... turned out to be part of the rubber gasket was all messed up... apprarently the gasket goes all the way down into the door to help out with keeping the window stable.
  8. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    happens with my rolla now... Imma gunna take her in some time... :)
  9. Offline

YamahaTundraV8 New Member

Message Count:

the window regulator need's to be replaced
    It's a Tsb i got fixed and mentioned to you and pull out your panel and stick foam spray on the track that seems to also work...