1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Wide Open Roads!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Photography' started by TurismoDreamin, May 2, 2005.

1. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Wide Open Roads!

I was on the way home from a friends house and noticed i had my camera in my car so I thought id have fun with it....here's what I got....

LOW BEAMS
    [IMG]

HIGH BEAMS
    [IMG]

PLEASE NOTE: I had Nokya Arctic White Stage II bulbs in for my lows and highs...however, since I drive with them on as if they were DRL's, my lows burnt out so thats why my lows are so yellow lookin cuz i had to replace them with those cheap ones for the time being..the brights are still the Nokya bulbs but because yellow is much more pigmented than white, the color balance between the two show the yellow...in person, they're pretty blue....

And sorry bout the bird crap, the thousands of paint chips on my front end as a result of the back roads, and the bugs that i ran into on my windshield ....thats what happens when u live out here...
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Great thing about living out here is that there's never any traffic and the roads are all yours!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    I hate this turn....its a complete 90 degree turn and you have to take it going 20 mph or else you'll just oversteer...
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Offline

Shifty SIdeways Noob

Message Count:
    Time for rims+drop ehh?
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    yea, my "side skirts" are pipe insulation originally used to cover up my underglows when i use to have those....but hey, it makes my car look lower, so when my neons all broke cuz of the roads over here, i just kept the skirts on, hehe....

...and yea, I did at one point in time have rims....i posted in this section before when my car use to have rims....once again, i was on a back road and somehow, i popped two tires, both on the drivers side so until i can get new tires then its steelies all tha way...click the link below to see wut im talkin bout...

http://TRDforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1459
  4. Offline

BangRolla New Member

Message Count:
    Lookin good. some of them are wallpaper worthy
  5. Offline

Rolla95 Rollin' Out y0

Message Count:
    nice license plate neon:D and are those wiper LEDs? i have them too:D but i never use em:D
  6. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    Nice pics man! 1st two pics I saw the 1st thing that came to mind was "lower it"
    Looks good otherwise. must be damn nice to have so many roads with no one on them.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    yup, it definately needs some ground love, but im not too sure how far i wanna get with this just yet cuz i have some engine issues to take care of first....and yea those LED washer lights, i disconnected those cuz they just started to look too tacky after a while....i wish i saved my oem black washers but for now, ill just stick with this..
  8. Offline

AE102 New Member

Message Count:
    cool pics, and i see you have moisture in your bumper lenses also :p
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    yup, theres no gettin rid of that, hehe....i just need some new ones...nothing else has moisture in it, not my headlights, tail lights, or clear corners...but my turn signals....im glad they only cost like $10...
  10. Offline

AE102 New Member

Message Count:
    yeah, my shits got moisture in it too. took them off and clean them.
    and before you put on a new pair of lenses. put some Goop in where the screw hole is. most moisture came sippin down from there. or atleast mine was.
    and i got moisture in my tailights and left corner, damn this cheap shit :chair:
  11. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    I have a quick question about your headlights, turismo. I've seen them on Ebay for quite a while, but the colors of the lights scared me away. I've never seen a corolla with them.
    [IMG]

Are these lights actually this yellow/orange? Are they white? Are they blue? Can you change the color of the lights? What do you use the three inside horizantal lights for?

Oops, maybe more than 1 question :D
    MacktasticSlick likes this.
  12. Offline

rice cracker VVT-i's Cracker

Message Count:
    Check out my cardomain page or the threads in the style section about my projectors.
  13. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    yup mine did that too. the aftermarket ones are cheap crap and arent sealed well AT ALL :(
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    Okay, look at the three stripes that light up orange. I didnt like how it turned out looking so I took the bulb out and that was that. Now that the bulb is not there, it just looks clear and you cant really even notice they're there. But you can change out every bulb for the unit. Thats what I did. The high beams are the same as your oem highs. The lows are H3 bulbs. And the halo light bulbs are the same ones that are already in your corners. I made all my lights bluish lookin but since I blew out my H3 low beam light, i replaced it with the stupid yellow bulbs cuz i didnt wanna buy another blue set at the time being. For the highs and lows, I used Nokya Arctic White Stage II bulbs, the best bulbs ever imo. The halo's are actually bluish-white but for some reason it didnt show up that way in the picture. There are five bulbs in the entire unit, 1-high, 1-low, 2-halos, and the last one is for those three stripes. The halos and the three stripe things are suppose to be wired by you when you get them. I wired them to my corners so that my halos and my corners come on at the same time. I didnt wire up the three stripes. Nemore questions, feel free to ask.
  15. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    Thank you Thank you!!! Perfect answer. I have been looking and looking and haven't been able to find headlights worth anything, so I got the ones I got.

More q's:
    What lightbulb does the three bars take? Is there a reason you don't have a lightbulb in them?
  16. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    If Im not mistaken he said he didnt like the way the 3 bars looked. Also, he said the bulb is the same as the corners lights which is, I believe a 194. Not entirely sure though :D
  17. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    i like ur ride
  18. Offline

Tamago New Member

Message Count:
    :shudder:

uhh.. nice taillights..
  19. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    He said that the Halo ring was 194 bulbs :confused: I thought that halos were usually leds. . .
  20. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    Nice pics as usual man. The 3 lines and halos are all 194 bulbs.
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Yes, the bulbs that go in the three stripes and the bulbs that go into the halos are the same bulbs that go in your cars corners already. Im 110% sure that they are the same. Dont worry about how bright they are because trust me you'll be able to see them and be able to distinguish that it is without a doubt, a halo....
  22. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    Ok, thanks much. That's nice to know since Walmart :D has the hyperwhite 194 bulbs cheap (I already have these in my corners :D )

BTW where did you get the headlights? I have only found them on Ebay. Are those the chrome ones or the black ones?
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    I bought them from Ebay cuz thats the only place i could find them at......mine are black but you can buy chrome too if you like those better....they pop up on ebay every now n then but the guy stops selling them for a while n starts back up....there are also another type of projectors that ive seen on ebay that i dont think many people here have seen....it has 3 lenses for 3 different lights in it: a small projector lense, a city light or low beam light (not sure), and a high beam light.....the guy ships from austrailia and i wouldve bought those but i found out about them after i got these...also, they're the same shape as the JDM headlights, not the USDM.....you should check it out...
  24. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    Yeah, I've seen them around, but I don't like them as much. Thanx, man.
  25. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I found gold's first post ever on TRD forums! Oh and look at that, it's a question about headlights.
    Gold likes this.
  26. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    :awyeah: that's my first post ever? haha, yeah I can believe it! I remember this for sure lol. Such a noob.
  27. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    As far the forum software would let me find, that's the one.
  28. Offline

James Bullshit Police

Message Count:
    ZZE110, MA70, JZA70, AE92 GT-S x2, xB with a rollcage, 900 ft-lb Dodge Ram
    Owned.
    Added: Jul 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    Also, this was the average level of modification for Corollas on this site, for years!
  29. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    We don't even have the "average level" on here anymore :(

I think it is the oldest one. How'd you find it?
  30. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    What do you mean we don't have average level? And I can't say how I found it :troll: