1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

WHISPERS: Toyota Planning New 250-hp Scion tC

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by AE102, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Offline

AE102 New Member

Message Count:
    WHISPERS: Toyota Planning New 250-hp Scion tC

TOKYO — The grapevine in Japan is whispering about a hot, new 250-horsepower pure sport coupe from Toyota, coming next year, which would also double as a new Celica in Japan.

Japan's moles say they've uncovered secret plans for a new pure sport coupe from Toyota, apparently based around the Scion tC. The unnamed model, due in 2006, has 2.4-liter power, like the tC, yet is good for a reputed 250 horsepower.

Toyota is aiming at Honda's stellar Integra Type R (the more exotic, faster version of America's Acura RSX). And the idea would also be to inject some extra speed and enthusiast muscle into the tC.

America will soon bid farewell to the Celica, so this new 250-hp sport coupe would be a welcome replacement. Across in Japan, the talk is Toyota would rebadge it as the eighth-generation Celica.

While the Celica as we know it is 1.8-liter, the story goes that this new model would jump up to a special high-performance 2.0-liter motor, which may be called 2AZ-GE.

What this means to you: Biggest problem with Scion? No power. Thus, this super tC sounds super-cool; let's hope it makes it into the showrooms here.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=106827
  2. Offline

asn13oy Stepping Stones

Message Count:
    stop teasing me
  3. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    id actually consider buying it
  4. Offline

AE102 New Member

Message Count:
    yeah, lets see how it looks 1st..
  5. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Probably going to look the same.
  6. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    hehe damn... that's gonna suck --- 250hp TC or a truck... I actually need a truck. :)
  7. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    :) I know how you feel about the truck thing...

I think eventually when I get my new job I can afford about an $18k loan. I want to get something sporty with at least 200 hp, but we really need a truck... I do like those Tundra SR-5s, sweet!